Ultrasound Technologist Job
Full Job Title: Staff Ultrasound Technologist
Job Number: 17004198
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Part Time
Under the general direction of the Operations Manager of Medical Imaging, performs assigned duties in the care and treatment of patients and for the expressed purpose of the section according to accepted norms.
- Customer Services or Customer Services: Communicates effectively with staff, patients and visitors.
- Quality Improvement: (A) Performs and checks quality of ultrasound procedures of all types. (B) Assists with data collection for quality assurance studies and/or research projects.
- Human Relations: (A) Maintains library of ultrasound books, journals and special interest case file and follow up. (B) Keeps procedure manuals up-to-date and complete in accordance with JCAHO & Hospital guidelines. (C) Conducts classes in both the practical and theoretical aspects of ultrasound. (D) Attend meetings and make contributions when appropriate.
- Problem Solving: Review patient orders and make assessment to perform procedure.
- Documentation: (A) Keeps equipment calibrated and functioning. (B) Checks machine for needed repairs and reports to section supervisor; keeps records on all service calls for equipment. (C) Enters data from obstetric ultrasound studies into computer data base for analysis. (D) Proficient in the operation of the teleradiology and Picture Archive and Communications System (PACS), Radiology Information System (RIS) and the Electronic Health Record (EHR) for all exams. (E) Labels and mounts the permanent recordings of the scan.
- Team Work: (A) Moves ultrasound equipment to portable setting in department and other patient care areas. (B) Maintains supplies for the room. (C) Transfers and/or lifts patients from stretcher, bed or wheelchair to exam table. (D) Assists patients to and from department if no transporter is available.
- Primary Responsibilities for Technological Services: (A) Assists radiologist with all ultrasound procedures; provides summary of findings for physician review. (B) Obtains pertinent diagnostic exams for radiologist to correlate with ultrasound exam. (C) Rotates to the Dean Medical Center Clinics as determined by the section supervisor so as to provide diagnostic ultrasound services.
- Primary Responsibilities for Charge Technologists: (A) Assigns the workload to specific examining rooms and coordinates those patient's examinations with other sections. (B) Performs general supervision of the personnel in accordance with all department & hospital policies and procedures. (C) Communicates pertinent information to the Operations Manager & the Administrative Director.
- Primary Responsibilities for Vascular Lab Technological Services: (A) Provides professional care to vascular patients with special needs in accordance with individualized. (B) Patient care and prescribed medical interventions. (C) Performs vascular assessment of patients; documents and collaborates with other disciplines. (D) Develops, conducts and participates in educational programs for patients, community, nursing, medical staff and other allied health professionals regarding vascular diagnostic services. (E) Participates in research projects and statistics relative to vascular care. (F) Assists in preparing agendas for department meetings. (G) Facilitates the development of the monthly work and call schedule. (H) Performs other duties as assigned.
- For the previous evaluation period competences were up to date and current.
- Graduate from an approved school of radiologic technology or an approved school or training program in ultrasound technology.
- Must have successfully passed the examination given by the American Registry Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Must know ultrasound procedures and must be able to operate equipment satisfactorily
- Must demonstrate technical aptitude and ability to recognize and produce diagnostic quality medial sonograms
Preferred Qualifications:Prefer ARDMS Vascular Certification
St. Mary's Hospital – Madison –
St. Mary's is a 440-bed tertiary referral hospital offering inpatient and outpatient treatment and diagnostic services in primary care and nearly all specialties. Medical/surgical areas of special focus include the Family Birth Center, pediatrics, Neuroscience Center, geriatrics, orthopedics, emergency services and more. St. Mary's is affiliated with the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine's three-year family practice residency program. Since 1912, St. Mary's has provided service to much of south-central Wisconsin including Dane County and 17 other nearby counties. In the growing city of Sun Prairie, northeast of Madison, St. Mary's Emergency Clinic provides services to more than 30,000 residents.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs