Ultrasound Technologist Job
Full Job Title: Ultrasound Technologist - Echo/Vascular (Full Time/Days)
Job Number: 16015571
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Location: Jefferson City, MO
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 9 hour day shift, varies
- Age Specific Criteria: Demonstrates and maintains knowledge and skills necessary to care for the patient group of: 1. Infant, 2. Pediatric, 3. Adolescent, 4. Adult, 5. Geriatric.
- Operates ultrasound equipment to obtain ultrasound images of designated structures as ordered by physicians or set forth in established department procedures: 1. Operates ultrasound equipment; adjusts for optimum results.
- Assists physicians in rendering medical diagnosis by producing images of acceptable quality, assessing and evaluating ultrasound images and related data.
- Obtains and reviews patient's history, physical examination information and supporting clinical data to facilitate diagnostic results.
- Provides physician with written summary of findings and technical factors encountered.
- Responds to emergency requests that may occur during and outside the normal working hours to provide 24-hour coverage.
- Verbalize knowledge of and demonstrates compliance with internally developed policies and procedures that comply with standards and recommendations of government agencies, and JCAHO.
- Notifies appropriate personnel as to abnormal or unusual results or of specific patient requests or conditions to maintain primary concern for patient welfare and safety.
- Maintains communication with physicians and nursing personnel about department procedures and ultrasound concepts.
- Maintains effective relationships and communications with medical staff, support personnel, nursing staff, patients, and their families concerning treatment and testing.
- Prepares patient for procedures; providing instructions to obtain desired results, gain cooperation and minimize anxiety.
- Graduate of an approved ultrasound school.
- Two years of experience working in the field as an ultrasound technologist
- Demonstrated above average knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and disease states as it pertains to ultrasound.
- Knowledge of the significance of ultrasound findings and the ability to make accurate and understandable preliminary reports to physicians and nursing staff.
- Ability to operate and understand computer equipment, including the HBOC computer system.
- Above average knowledge and proficiency with ultrasound equipment and testing procedures.
- Above average ability to handle extreme variances in workload and to handle a demanding call schedule effectively and independently.
- High level of interpersonal/communication skills is required in order to effectively relate to department personnel, physicians, health center staff, clients, patients, and their families.
- Completion of registry with the American Registry of Diagnostic Sonographers (ARDMS) or registry from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) in ultrasound specialty.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs