Therapeutic Dietitian Job
Full Job Title: Therapeutic Dietitian
Job Number: 17012075
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
Location: Mexico, MO
Schedule: Part Time (Not Benefit Eligible), Days
The Therapeutic Dietitian assesses patients nutritional status and educates patient and family members regarding therapeutic diets. Follows standard practices and complies with regulatory requirements. Develops area of expertise regarding clinical dietetics.
- Age Specific Criteria: Demonstrates and maintains knowledge and skills necessary to care for the patient group of: Infant, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric.
- Assesses nutritional needs based on age, height, weight, percentage of ideal body weight, laboratory results and medical history in the established time frames. Documents in medical record
- Assesses patient for chewing/swallowing difficulty, allergies, food tolerance and food preferences.
- Reassesses patients according to established time frames. Documents in medical record.
- Develops a plan and makes recommendations for nutritional care of patient. Documents in medical record.
- Utilizes the Approved Diet Manual as the reference guide for diets and teaching materials.
- Participates in multidisciplinary discharge planning.
- Provides patient education regarding diet in accordance with the Approved Diet Manual.
- Performs meal rounds or other CQI procedures and communicates to diet office to assist in providing excellent quality meals.
- Provides patient teaching to outpatients in individual or classroom format. Utilizes Adult learning principles in designing material. Adjusts teaching style according to age specific needs.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Registered Dietitian & Licensed Dietitian in the state of Missouri
- Two to three years previous experience in health care facility
- Completion of an internship program approved by the American Dietetic Association
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain opened in 1918 as Audrain Medical Center. Today, the 89-bed community hospital offers a range of services including emergency care, cardiology services, medical imaging, men's health services, women and child services, and diabetes education. The hospital features the J.B. & Greta B. Arthur Cancer Center, the Jordan-Waters Heart Center and Healthworks Rehabilitation services.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs