System Policy and Procedure Administrator Job
Full Job Title: System Policy and Procedure Administrator
Job Number: 17010097
Facility: SSM Health - System Office
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day, Days
- Acts as key contact person for System policies. Actively overseeing System policy and procedure development, approval, and maintenance.
- Creates, implements and follows internal policies, standard operating procedures, and state and federal regulatory requirements related to policy management and retention.
- Receives requests for new policies and procedures analyzing proposed policies to determine if they are a policy, procedure or other document type, directing them through the appropriate approval process according to their scope.
- Reviews drafts of Administrative, Human Resource, and Patient Care policies making recommendations for improvements based on System policy administration standards.
- Actively manages hundreds of System policies to ensure they are reviewed and updated as needed prior to their review due date, minimally every three years.
- Communicates and interacts with key leadership and executive administration across the System to promote and facilitate integrated policy development and approval processes.
- Coordinates and leads Policy Management Board meetings ensuring the policy management process is effective and efficient.
- Publishes approved System polices to the electronic document management database.
- Leads teams in the standardization and management of policies and procedures for all regional and functional areas of SSM.
- Organizes and documents work electronically through the use of a tracking log, electronic filing system, and electronic document management database.
- Serves as project manager for updates, maintenance, system failure and implementation of the electronic document management database.
- Handles inquiries and provides ongoing continuing education sessions about drafting, reviewing and revising policies and the policy process.
- Proactively seeks innovative ways to streamline operations and follows through on implementing new processes.
- In coordination with the System Vice President / Chief Medical Officer, sets and monitors performance toward department specific goals, and reports on attainments quarterly to organizational leadership.
- Performs other tasks as requested by the System Vice President / Chief Medical Officer.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Four or more years of experience in the (clinical) health care and regulatory or legal fields required
- Familiarity with electronic document management databases such as PolicyTech
- A focus on customer service, including attitude, behavior, interpersonal skills, and problem solving that enables quick responses to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
SSM Health - System Office –
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs