System Director - Tax & Compliance Job
Full Job Title: System Director -Tax & Compliance
Job Number: 17007304
Facility: SSM Health - System Office
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days
- Leads a team responsible for preparing / filing tax returns and making required tax payments to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local income and franchise tax laws and regulations, as well as sales / use tax, real estate, and other relevant laws. Champions continuous improvement for compliance processes.
- Assists in developing and communicating the overall tax strategy through innovative and creative thinking in a manner which reduces SSM's tax risk.
- Develops an overall strategy to effectively drive Federal, State and Local tax strategy, planning and compliance for all entities including exempt, insurance and other for-profit enterprises.
- Documents tax positions on a timely basis for senior management review.
- Ensures entities complete required tax packets timely and accurately for submission to third party preparer. Works with entity personnel to ensure understanding of tax risks associated with various transactions.
- Recommends to System Controller opportunities for reducing cost/risk associated with tax preparation, and also where System is inappropriately paying property and sales tax.
- Coordinates with the Dean organization, FPP, and all for-profit entities on tax matters, including monitoring net operating losses.
- Coordinates closely with accounting staff to recommend proper accounting treatment of transactions to take into account tax implications.
- A bachelor's degree with a major in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university required
- Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant required
- Ten plus years of public and private accounting experience with a heavy emphasis on tax issues.
- Has demonstrated the ability to use PC-based spreadsheets, databases and graphics and word-processing effectively for analyses and presentations.
- Experience working with both tax-exempt and taxable entities.
- Strong knowledge of US tax regulations.
- A demonstrated ability to use PC based financial tools (spreadsheets, word processing, presentation and financial planning software) effectively for analyses and presentations.
- Ability to independently research and simplify complex situations. Ability to objectively incorporate feedback from others.
SSM Health - System Office –
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs