System Director - Physician & Provider Recruitment Relations Job
Full Job Title: System Director Physician & Provider Recruitment
Job Number: 17000587
Facility: SSM Health - System Office
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day
Hours: 8am - 5pm
- Annually delivers 200 physician and 200 advanced practitioner hires (2017 expectations).
- Brings recruitment timelines into industry standard (6-8 months for PC; 9-11 months for SP).
- Leads a team of approximately 20 individuals.
- Delivers outcomes within budget.
- Develops Resident/Fellow plan and Practicing Physician recruitment plans.
- Delivers high team engagement, candidate, and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Leads the Physician and Advanced Practitioner recruitment team across each market at SSM Health; defines overall team and performance goals in partnership with leadership; and provides direction and guidance to maximize department and team member performance and engagement within budget.
- Builds effective working relationships; provides timely, appropriate, and targeted service excellence to clients, candidates and other stakeholders across all SSM Health markets.
- Effectively partners with members of leadership team(s), stakeholders, and staff to drive performance and change into the recruiting process ensuring development and selection of top level candidates.
- Retains working knowledge of relevant market trends and competitive intelligence. Positions SSM Health to be competitive in the recruitment marketplace.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all legal and compliance guidelines. Coordinates the negotiation of contracts by facilitating discussions between physicians, legal, practice administrators, etc.
- Manages retained and contingent firm vendors to maximize performance and return on investment.
- Develops Resident/Fellow recruitment plan and establishes effective relationships with appropriate recruitment sources, schools and programs.
- Develops Practicing Physician recruitment plan and establishes effective relationships with appropriate recruitment sources.
- Develops and analyzes recruiting metrics and measurements, producing timely reports on progress.
- Develops and implements physician and advanced practitioner candidate sourcing plan.
- Develops and monitors customized advertising and marketing campaign initiatives to address strategic recruitment needs.
- Works with stakeholders to develop and deliver relevant messaging though effective channels to current and potential candidates.
- Manages relocation and onboarding processes. Supports appropriate credentialing processes.
- Manages locum processes, as needed.
- Seven (7) years of related physician recruitment experience required, or equivalent thereof.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability at a senior level.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships among differing levels of management and various disparate groups such as executive management, senior management, midlevel management, physicians and outside contractors.
- Superior marketing and public relations skills with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally to present opportunities in a positive manner.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate a professional and adaptable demeanor with internal and external clients, including administrators, physicians, peers, and support staff.
- Exhibit a high energy level, and demonstrate the ability to work as a team.
- Experience and knowledge of medical staff recruitment issues and demonstrated ability to work with physicians.
- Master's Degree preferred
- Previous healthcare, sales, marketing, or recruiting background is preferred with specific knowledge of the medical/physician community.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs