System Director - Patient Financial Experience Job
Full Job Title: System Director Patient Financial Experience
Job Number: 17011620
Facility: SSM Health - System Office
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
- Provides system-level strategic direction for the Patient Financial Experience Department. Develop a high-functioning, best practice team to ensure high quality, compassionate service to patients, efficient operational performance, and improved patient collections.
- Sets strategy/approach regarding the patient financial experience, including fee setting, price estimates, time of service collections, patient communications, patient collections, and vendor service expectations and performance. Develop department goals, objectives and tactical plans consistent with the organizational strategic plan and vision. Ensure comprehensive policies and procedures, desk level procedures, and other work tools are developed and available to all department staff to facilitate training and work accuracy.
- Manages relationships and performance of early out and collection agency vendors. Ensure vendors meet service quality standards and financial performance. As necessary, coordinate vendor RFP process and contract negotiation.
- Develops objective quality and productivity measures for staff and, in conjunction with department managers and supervisors, actively monitor these to ensure high quality, productive performance. Ensure deficiencies are addressed timely.
- Identifies staff needs and removes barriers to ensure staff are able to meet the quality, productivity, and performance expectations set for them. Ensure training programs are sufficient to support staff and facilitate effective performance.
- Creates a work environment for staff through team building, coaching, constructive feedback, work delegation, personal example and goal setting that encourages creativity, open dialogue on work issues, professional growth, and a consistent, high level of performance. Encourage and support staff decision-making within their scope of responsibilities.
- Anticipates external and internal factors that require operational, system or personnel changes within assigned areas. Actively and continuously monitor key performance metrics, analyze workflows, organizational structure, staffing assignments or other factors to ensure optimal performance; make recommendations and modifications, as necessary.
- Evaluates Epic system build to ensure optimal use of electronic tools. Recommend ancillary systems/tools, if appropriate, to ensure timely follow up.
- Conducts root cause analysis with team to identify opportunities for error reduction and improved patient service.
- Maintains an understanding of governmental regulatory changes within the industry, local markets, etc. that may require updates, modifications, or changes to policies, procedures, set-up, or processes to ensure compliance with these regulations.
- Works with system office and regional colleagues throughout SSM to continuously improve the PRO, while enhancing service to patients, and optimizing relationships with strategic business partners.
- Builds strong relationships and facilitate productive communication between key PRO stakeholders, including peer leaders of PRO and core support departments (e.g., human resources, integrated health technologies, finance).
- Develops and monitors budget for the Patient Financial Experience department.
- Recognizes departmental areas of excellence and oversee the development and implement action plans where performance is not meeting expectations.
- Performs any special assignments, as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field
- A minimum of seven years of increasingly responsible experience in health care finance or IT, of which includes a minimum of five years in professional billing and a minimum of three years in a Director level role.
- In depth knowledge of professional billing software
- In depth knowledge of and experience with electronic claims submission (HIPAA 835 transaction) and remittance posting (HIPAA 837 transaction) and funds transfer (EFT).
- Master's degree preferred
- Knowledge of Epic preferred
SSM Health - System Office –
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs