Surgical Technologist-LPN Job
Full Job Title: Surgical Technologist or LPN
Job Number: 17008424
Facility: SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
Location: Mount Vernon, IL
Schedule: Full Time, 10 Hour Day
The job of the Surgical Technologist is to scrub, set up, maintain sterile field and facilitate surgical procedures.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of all aspects of the perioperative setting.
- Verifies patient identity in accordance with hospital policy using patient's name and date of birth. Participates in complete and accurate 'Time-Outs' prior to induction, incision, and entrance of any additional staff/surgeons 100% of the time.
- Performs scrub duties according to specialty procedures and physician preference while utilizing sterile technique and universal precautions.
- Plans for patient care and intervenes by demonstrating basic scrub tech skills by accurately counting all instruments, needles and sponges prior to incision, any relief by another qualified scrub, and before closing any cavity or incision. Properly identifying, labeling, and verifying all medications on the field per hospital policy.
- Adheres to all Universal Protocol policies required by Joint Commission including enforcing and verifying site marking prior to entrance to the OR and all other patient safety standards.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility and proper judgment when opening supplies. Updates and communicates any changes to surgeon's preference cards.
- Displays problem solving skills and uses critical thinking when making decisions regarding patient care and notifies surgeons of changes to patient's condition or any other pertinent information.
- Exhibits excellent verbal communication skills and is committed to patient satisfaction 100% of the time and will utilize service recovery skills.
- Gathers supplies and appropriate equipment specific to surgical procedures, operates equipment in a safe manner and reports malfunctions to the proper resource.
- High School Diploma or GED plus 6 months specialized training
- CPR certification
- Surgical Technologist certification
***Would also consider an LPN with IL license for this position***
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital–Mt. Vernon, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 134-bed hospital with the only open heart surgery program in the region. In 2015, the hospital launched a new pediatric emergency and NICU telemedicine program in conjunction with the physicians at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. For three consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Patient Safety Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Citation of Merit Award for Outstanding Patient Care.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs