Surgical Technologist - Certified Job
Full Job Title: Certified Surgical Technologist - Family Birth Center
Job Number: 17009014
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Location: Jefferson City, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days
Responsible for the provision of patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary for the care of patients and the maintenance of the Operating Room under the direction of a licensed nurse. Sets up Operating Room with needed items for patient care; gathers supplies, x-rays, instruments, etc., for cases; handles instruments during procedures. Communicates information to the RN regarding patients.
- Practices and Implements the technical components of patient care under the supervision of a licensed RN.
- Develops a plan of care based on physician preferences and scheduled procedure criteria. Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals to plan and prepare individualized care for each patient.
- Appropriately prepares equipment, supply and resource needs based on an individualized plan of care. Reevaluates and modifies resource needs as needed.
- Collaborates with the RN to implement a plan of care that incorporates physician preferences, nursing assessments and diagnostic data in a manner that is prioritized, timely, and integrated with the plan of care. Communicates accurate and timely information to the Registered Nurse regarding patients in their care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to perform all aspects of a variety of surgical procedures. Maintains knowledge and skills to properly operate all surgical equipment and instruments. Utilizes appropriate aseptic technique when handling supplies, instruments, and equipment.
- Follows laboratory policy and procedure to correctly handle and label all laboratory specimens.
- Quality controls are documented thoroughly and accurately according to unit specific standards.
- Demonstrates competence in, problem solving, conflict resolution, and team building. Acts as a resource to other team members.
- Organizes and utilizes time efficiently. Demonstrates appropriate prioritization. Maintains an organized work environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively on a team. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relationships with patients, significant others, multidisciplinary team members and co-workers.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Scrub tech certification.
- Surgical Technologist experience or graduate from a Surgical Technologist program. Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider certification/card or must obtain within 3 months of hire
- Knowledge and skills to provide patient care appropriate to the specific department. Ability to function effectively in stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate in verbal and written methods.
- Ability and willingness to rotate shifts, take call and adjust to necessary schedule changes.
- Ability to work under supervision as well as ability to oversee others.
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs