Surgical Technician Job
Full Job Title: Surgical Technician- Day 80 hours
Job Number: 17007971
Facility: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Baraboo
Location: Baraboo, WI
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 7am- 3:30 pm
The Surgical Technician is a member of the healthcare team who,working under the direct supervision of the RN, is responsible for pre- andpost-surgical maintenance of the surgical environment. The Surgical Technicianprovides care to the patient before, during and after the procedure, appliesthe principles of asepsis, and is able to operate equipment as needed. TheSurgical Technician performs the procedures involved for decontamination,sterilization, and equipment preparation. The Surgical Technician performs in thescrub assistant role and the first surgical assistant role as needed. TheSurgical Technician communicates with the patient, registered nurse, and otherhealthcare team members. The Surgical Technician shares call during non-workinghours (evenings, weekends, holidays).
- Practices and implements the technical components of patient care under the supervision of a licensed Registered Nurse.
- Develops a plan of care based on physician preferences and scheduled procedure criteria. Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals to plan and prepare individualized care for each patient.
- Appropriately prepares equipment, supply and resource needs based on an individualized plan of care. Reevaluates and modifies resource needs as needed.
- Collaborates with the RN to implement a plan of care that incorporates physician preferences, nursing assessments and diagnostic data in a manner that is prioritized, timely, and integrated with the plan of care. Communicates accurate and timely information to the RN regarding patients in their care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to perform all aspects of a variety of surgical procedures. Maintains knowledge and skills to properly operate all surgical equipment and instruments. Utilizes appropriate aseptic technique when handling supplies, instruments, and equipment.
- Follows laboratory policy and procedure to correctly handle and label all laboratory specimens.
- Quality controls are documented thoroughly and accurately according to unit specific standards.
- Demonstrates competence in; problem solving, conflict resolution, and team building. Acts as a resource to other team members.
- Organizes and utilizes time efficiently. Demonstrates appropriate prioritization. Maintains an organized work environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively on a team. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relationships with patients, significant others, multidisciplinary team members and co-workers.
- Assists in other Surgical Services departments as needed. Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Graduate of Surgical Technician program (or equivalent training)
- Current AHA BLS certification
- Ability to function effectively in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate in verbal and written methods
- Ability and willingness to rotate shifts, take call and adjust to necessary schedule changes
- Ability to work under supervision as well as ability to oversee others
Previous experience preferred
St. Clare Hospital – Baraboo –
Our 100-bed St. Clare Hospital is a nationally recognized leader in rural health care in south-central Wisconsin. St. Clare offers acute care, as well as a wide range of other services including chemical dependency treatment, hemodialysis, radiation oncology and a free-standing hospice facility. Additional urgent care services are available at campus locations in the surrounding communities of Wisconsin Dells and Lake Delton.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs