Surgical Specialist Job
Full Job Title: Surgical Specialist
Job Number: 17007899
Facility: St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day, Mid
Under the supervision of the Staff Registered Nurse, TeamLeader, Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, or Director, perform the role of surgicalspecialist in the surgery department and perform patient care activities asassigned to assist the Staff Registered Nurse or Physician.
- Anticipate and plan individualized care for the patient based on advanced knowledge of the surgical case and anticipate unexpected patient and surgeon needs.
- Perform in the surgical technologist role, both running the table and assisting the surgeon at an expert level on all types of specialty cases utilizing the principles of surgical asepsis, infection control, universal precautions and life safety.
- Maintain an orderly and organized work environment and take responsibility for the maintenance and care of all specialty equipment and assist the team to meet both quality and efficiency outcomes.
- Prioritize effectively, implement high level problem solving skills and perform in a coordinated manner when delivering care in high stress environments.
- Demonstrate expertise in the operation and function of all instrumentation and equipment for all cases in specialty area.
- Maintain all specialty instrument sets, demonstrating understanding of appropriate sterilization methods and act as a resource and mentor to non-specialty staff on specialty equipment and instrumentation.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Two years of recent (past 3 years) surgicaltechnician experience with at least one of these years in a related specialtyarea.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- Recommendation of surgeon in specialty area.
- Graduate from a school of surgical technologypreferred. Certified Surgical Technologist preferred.
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facilityspecializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. Thehospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and servesthe needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma,through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. AnthonyHealthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service accessto the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgentcare services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has receivednumerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, CertifiedHealthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation ofMerit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels forquality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and manynational health care organizations.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs