Supervisor - Ultrasound Job
Full Job Title: Ultrasound Supervisor
Job Number: 17006488
Facility: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles
Location: St. Charles, MO
Schedule: Full Time, 10 Hour Day, Days
Under general supervision and direction of the Team Leader,is responsible for the coordination and performance of ultrasound procedures asordered by the physician.. Provides assistance to the Radiologist/physicians asrequested with the technical factors involved in such ordered procedures. Isresponsible for team schedule, ordering, productivity, and all else deemednecessary by the Team Leader.
- Achieve exceptional patient safety through: Maintain a clean and orderly work area to prevent an injury to a patient or employee. Practice good infection control measures to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Maintain the operation of all Ultrasound equipment to reduce the amount of equipment down time. Differentiate normal from abnormal pathological structures for proper diagnosis of diseases
- Achieve exceptional Quality/Outcomes through: Correlate clinical history with ordered procedures. Recognize and report all critical values to Radiologist and contact ordering physicians if requested by Radiologist. Follow all department protocols for ultrasound exams and procedures developed by Medical Director/Team Leader. Assists with Quality Assurance statistics and the accreditation process for lab
- Achieve exceptional Customer Satisfaction through: Assist Radiologist using exceptional ultrasound skills. Promote excellent physician and nurse relationships to improve patient care. Continue to monitor the turnaround times for patient reports to ensure they are completed in a timely manner
- Achieve exceptional Financial Performance/Growth through: Meet department productivity, follow supervisors requests for flexing as needed. Look for opportunities for training in new procedures that come available to help grow the department and provide new services. Keep up with the newest innovations in Ultrasound though continuing education or CMEs
- ARDMS Registered or Registry Eligible.
- Graduate of approved AMA school for ultrasoundeducation.
- If registry eligible only, must receiveregistration within one year of hire date.
- Must have current CPR certificate
- 1 year experience preferred but not required
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs