Supervisor - Operations-Support Job
Full Job Title: Supervisor Operations/Support
Job Number: 17009694
Facility: SSM Health System Office
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
- Provides a personal example of living the principles of continuous quality improvement whereby decision making is driven by data, and customer relationships are facilitated both within and outside the system.
- Identifies and recommends potential process improvements in Patient Business Services, and assists with the design and implementation as requested.
- Assists in system-wide process improvement initiatives related to revenue initiatives. Have creative and innovative thinking to achieve this.
- Creates a work environment for staff through team building, coaching, constructive feedback, work delegation, personal example and goal setting that encourages creativity, open dialogue on work issues, professional growth, and a consistent, high level of performance. Encourages and supports staff decision-making within their scope of responsibilities.
- Performs technical reviews of staff work.
- Identifies and recommends potential process improvements with development of "tip sheets", etc.
- Provides information regarding other financial and management issues as requested.
- Supports and supervises the performance of the correspondence, mail room, medical records and receptionist team as it relates to achieving productivity goals/targets, while providing continual feedback and guidance to the team.
- Monitors and strives to continually improve the collection of third-party payor claims in accordance with the respective contract and hospital financial arrangement.
- Ensures insurance follow-up activities comply with SSM established policies, processes, and quality assurance programs.
- Implements efficient and effective operational policies, processes and best practices for follow-up activities and monitor departmental performance for compliance with these activities.
- Primarily focuses on day-to-day operations of the work unit to make sure the department is able to deliver exceptional service.
- Responsible for making sure department's employee engagement action plans are leveraged and connected to department goals, thereby guiding the team towards a common goal.
- Manages employee scheduling and timekeeping.
- Partners proactively with Talent Acquisition (Taleo) team to ensure open positions are filled in a timely manner.
- Responsible for developing and implementing onboarding and training plans for new hires, thereby providing them with a foundation for success.
- Provides ongoing performance coaching with direct reports via monthly 1:1 updates throughout the year. Coaching discussions should include monitoring and reviewing quality assurance, productivity, and attendance for individual direct reports.
- Responsible for ensuring annual Performance Reviews are completed for each direct report prior to due date.
- Identifies, assesses and proactively works with Manager towards resolving conflict within the team and or with other areas, departments, etc.
- Provides counseling to direct reports in relation to performance, behavior, or attendance concerns with guidance from Human Resources.
- Conducts termination meetings as appropriate with Manager and support from Human Resources.
- Responsible for developing departmental policies and procedures ensuring compliance
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate's degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- Three years of Healthcare Reimbursement Experience
- Three years of leadership and organizational experience.
- Experience in managing projects involving the collaboration, motivation and cooperation of a wide variety of people with whom there is no direct reporting relationship.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Achieves results with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Certification with Healthcare Financial Management Association preferred
SSM Health - System Office –
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs