Sterile Processing Technician Job
Full Job Title: Sterile Processing Technician
Job Number: 17006107
Facility: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: PRN, Varied
- Creates a positive patient care environment through thorough cleaning, decontamination, inspection, and sterilization of surgical instruments and accurate assembly of instrumentation trays.
- Contributes to employee satisfaction by collaborating and problem solving with members of the OR Staff and other departments and collaborates with team members to accomplish department objectives.
- Contributes to the satisfaction of the nursing staff and physicians by accurately assembling surgical instrumentation trays, providing requested information and delivering instruments to the OR as requested by OR staff.
- Creates an environment of safe, quality care by providing clean, disinfected and sterilized instrumentation, monitoring expiration dates of disposable supplies and by following proper infection control measures and JCAHO and OSHA guidelines.
- Contributes to the financial well-being and stewardship of the organization by treating instruments and equipment carefully and according to manufacturers' recommendations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Certification or certification eligible by the International Association of Hospital Central
- 3 months to 1 year of experience
- Effective September 1, 2010 Certification (CRCST) is required or must be obtained within 1 year of employment. Certified employees hired prior to September 1, 2010 are required to maintain an active CRCST status
- Service Management is preferred.
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital –
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital is a not-for-profit, 190-bed inpatient and outpatient pediatric medical center in St. Louis, MO. We specialize in neonatology, cardiology, pediatric and fetal surgery, and cancer services. We care for children of all ages from St. Louis, Missouri, Illinois and from around the world. We also focus on the overall health of our communities in addition to the health of the children living in them.Our love for kids just keeps on growing!
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs