Staff Attorney - Transactions Job
Full Job Title: Staff Attorney - Transactions
Job Number: 17007043
Facility: SSM Health - System Office
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
- Follows internal policies, standard operating procedures, and state and federal regulatory requirements related to contract management and compliance with applicable law.
- Receives requests for new contracts and amendments and solicits approvals from SSM leaders.
- Obtains requests for proposals and fair market value opinions.
- Consults with SSM leaders and other SSM employees to draft cost-efficient and compliant contracts.
- Negotiates contract language with vendors to accomplish business and legal needs of SSM.
- Negotiates legal terms with vendors on designated contracts.
- Performs legal review of all contracts and provides approval for designated contracts.
- Provides legal advice and performs legal research pertaining to contractual and compliance issues to SSM leaders and other SSM employees.
- Actively manages hundreds of contracts to ensure contract expiration notices are received and acted upon by responsible parties 90 days prior to contract expiration.
- Organizes and documents work electronically through the use of a contract log, electronic filing system, and electronic contract management database.
- Assists with updating and maintaining the electronic contract management database.
- Handles inquiries about contracts and the contracting process.
- Proactively seeks innovative ways to streamline operations and follows through on implementing new processes.
- Performs other tasks as requested by the Managing Attorney – Transactions or the Senior Managing Attorney - Transactions.
- Three to five years of contract experience required
- License to practice law in Missouri, Illinois, Oklahoma or Wisconsin
SSM Health - System Office –
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs