Speech Pathologist Job
Full Job Title: Speech Pathologist, Clinic - outpatient
Job Number: 17007863
Facility: St. Anthony Physicians
Location: Shawnee, OK
Schedule: Part Time (Benefit Eligible), Days
Under general supervision, and in collaboration with other health care professionals, plan, organize, and deliver quality therapy services upon physician referral by performing evaluations and developing individual treatment plans and goals to maximize functional outcomes. Implements the treatment program and reassesses treatment results. Actively participates in discharge planning, team conferences and family conferences for inpatient services.
- Reviews patient medical records, interviews and assesses patient; interviews family (parent/caregiver) as needed and utilizes findings to develop and document an individualized plan of care based on findings.
- Implements plan of care and demonstrates competency in methods/modalities employed to assist patient in reaching short-term and long-term goals.
- Demonstrate patient and/or family education activities as a component of therapy.
- Perform accurate documentation/reporting for all patient visits; documents progress toward short-/long-term goals; and documentation is completed with timeliness standards set by departmental protocol.
- Confer with other professionals (medical, allied health, and nursing) as well as patient and/or family regarding patient's therapy goals and progress in therapy. Coordinates care with other professionals as needed.
- Follow insurance guidelines to ensure timely payment of claims and/or procedures for obtaining prior authorization. Confer with those appropriate and complete necessary procedures to obtain specialized equipment and services required to enhance patient safety and performance following discharge.
- Develop rapport with patient and/or family in a manner which facilitates the patient's progress toward meeting short/long-term goals.
- Utilizes diagnostic and treatment tools, equipment and materials effectively and maintains materials and equipment in usable condition.
- Perform other duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Licensed by the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).
- Acute care experience preferred.
- Pediatric experience preferred.
St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital is a 102-bed acute care facility with approximately 60 physicians and 550 health care professionals that has been serving the health care needs of the Shawnee, Okla. community since 1964. The hospital offers a wide range of
services that include cardiology, oncology, surgery, emergency services and urgent care. Formerly known as Unity Health Center, SSM Health finalized an agreement to bring Unity into our system in 2012. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital offers the community extensive diagnostic services close to home. Additionally, it provides urgent care services in a new location that includes in house lab services and X-ray for the convenience of patients. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital has been recognized for quality by Press Ganey and the Oklahoma Quality Award, and the hospital is a Certified Healthy Business.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs