Special Procedures Technician - X-Ray Job
Full Job Title: Special Procedures X-Ray Tech
Job Number: 16015839
Facility: St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Per Diem
- Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing radiology-special procedures services for patient population served. Process radiologic images as necessary, mark each as R & L as needed, patient's name, date, and export to PACS.
- Prepare for procedure according to physician's instructions. Position patient and make appropriate adjustments to immobilization and supportive devices to prevent movement during procedure.
- Operate various special procedures radiologic equipment in a safe, prescribed manner to ensure quality, cost efficient radiographs with minimal discomfort to the patient. As necessary, maintain and monitor the patient schedule in order to ensure the most efficient patient flow through the special procedures rooms.
- Assist physicians in special procedures by operating the controls of an image amplifier and other related equipment and adhere to prescribed aseptic techniques as necessary to include the injection of contrast media.
- Operate Code Blue Crash Cart and administer prescribed voltage of shock in the event of cardiac arrest during a procedure. Administer other first aid procedures as required.
- Maintain equipment and supplies and notify Radiology Systems Technician or supervisor on-call of malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintain designated departmental records. Display professional and therapeutic behavior towards patients and coworkers in keeping with the philosophy of the Hospital. Maintain confidentiality regarding patient information at all times.
- Orient radiologic students and other new department employees on department policies and procedures and foster appreciation and development for the Radiology profession.
- Maintain and enhance professional skills and remains abreast of current or revised radiologic techniques/technologies by attending educational programs, seminars, conferences, or workshops.
- Retrieve patient's radiologic images and reports off the computer system and PACS.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) or registry eligible (graduate of an ARRT-accredited program, i.e., OU, Rose State, Metro Tech). Registry eligible incumbent must show verification of graduation from an ARRT-accredited program
- Registry eligible incumbent must obtain registry within 24 months of graduation.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- Registered Radiographer or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist experience preferred.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs