Full Job Title: Sonographer II
Job Number: 17006654
Facility: St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital
Location: Shawnee, OK
Schedule: Per Diem
Under the direction of the Sonographer Supervisor and staffradiologist, initiate diagnostic examinations according to departmentprocedures and protocols.
- Assist in training and education of coworkers; assist coworkers with difficult exams and/or patients. Follow department guidelines for start up procedures, calibration of equipment, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Identify, interview, and educate patients and visitors to the department to meet all standard safety operations. Orient sonography students and other new department employees on department policies and procedures and foster appreciation and development for the sonography profession.
- Maintain equipment and supplies, and notify Biomed / Radiology Engineer or supervisor on-call of malfunctioning equipment.
- Perform examinations following proper procedure protocol including correct positioning of patient and giving proper breathing instruction. Operate equipment in safe, presribed manner ensuring quality and cost efficient sonograms. Responsible for monitoring patient condition at all times while in the department.
- Perform various clerical duties as needed, such as: answer and correctly route telephone calls, schedule procedures per physician orders, enter data on CRT terminal, make patient exam orders, enter patient exam charges, etc.
- Label images sequentially and appropriately with patient identification and body part. Review and evaluate completed images for quality and completeness according to cardiologist/radiologist guidelines.
- Assist Cardiologists/Radiologists and Physicians in performing invasive/noninvasive procedures and adhere to prescribed aseptic techniques as necessary. Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing cardiology/radiology special procedure services for patient population served.
- Perform order verification, patient identification, and communicate with patient regarding exam description and instructions.
- Assist in formulating and maintaining record keeping for the department in accordance with hospital and JCAHO standards. This includes all designated Echocardiogram/Ultrasound records and quality assurance documentation.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Registry signifies education requirements havebeen met. Registry eligible incumbent must show graduation from an accreditedprogram (i.e., OU). Students in their senior year of an accredited program mustprove upcoming graduation at the end of current year's summer semester asindicated by official documents which show final clinical practicum will becompleted on schedule. Upon graduation, these students must present officialdocumentation that degree has been conferred.
- Registry eligible incumbent must obtainsonography registry within 12 months of employment or 24 months of graduation,whichever comes later. Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).
St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital is a 102-bed acute carefacility with approximately 60 physicians and 550 health care professionalsthat has been serving the health care needs of the Shawnee, Okla. communitysince 1964. The hospital offers a wide range of services that includecardiology, oncology, surgery, emergency services and urgent care. Formerlyknown as Unity Health Center, SSM Health finalized an agreement to bring Unityinto our system in 2012. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital offers the communityextensive diagnostic services close to home. Additionally, it provides urgentcare services in a new location that includes in house lab services and X-ray forthe convenience of patients. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital has been recognizedfor quality by Press Ganey and the Oklahoma Quality Award, and the hospital isa Certified Healthy Business.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs