Full Job Title: Sonographer, Mobile
Job Number: 17006306
Facility: St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Per Diem
Initiate diagnostic examinations according to entity procedures and protocols.
- Perform examinations following proper procedure protocol including correct positioning of patient and giving proper breathing instruction. Operate equipment in safe, prescribed manner ensuring quality and cost efficient sonograms. Responsible for monitoring patient condition at all times while in the designated exam area.
- Maintain high-performance skill level in all required procedures performed in Affiliates. Label images sequentially and appropriately with patient identification and body part. Review and evaluate completed images for quality and completeness according procedural guidelines.
- Assist Cardiologists/Radiologists and Physicians in performing invasive/noninvasive procedures and adhere to prescribed aseptic techniques as necessary. Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing cardiology/radiology special procedure services for patient population served.
- Maintain equipment and supplies, and notify Biomed / Radiology Engineer or supervisor on-call of malfunctioning equipment.
- Identify, interview, and educate patients to exam area to meet all standard safety operations. Orient Affiliate employees on St Anthony Hospital policies and procedures related to ultrasound services and foster appreciation and development for the sonography profession.
- Assist in formulating and maintaining record keeping for the department in accordance with hospital and JCAHO standards. This includes all designated Echocardiogram/Ultrasound records and quality assurance documentation.
- Keep abreast of advancements in the field of ultrasound by retaining membership in relevant professional organizations and maintaining continuing medical educations requirements.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Must possess at least one American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) credential.
- Current Oklahoma driver's license and driving record which meets hospital standards.
- One year of sonography experience.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
St. Anthony Hospital –
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs