Full Job Title: Sonographer - Healthplex
Job Number: 17009233
Facility: St. Anthony Healthplex South
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Per Diem
Under the direction of the Sonographer Supervisor and staff radiologist, initiate diagnostic examinations according to department procedures and protocols.
- Assist in training and education of coworkers; assist coworkers with difficult exams and/or patients. Follow department guidelines for start up procedures, calibration of equipment, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Identify, interview, and educate patients and visitors to the department to meet all standard safety operations. Orient sonography students and other new department employees on department policies and procedures and foster appreciation and development for the sonography profession.
- Maintain equipment and supplies, and notify Biomed/Radiology Engineer or supervisor on-call of malfunctioning equipment.
- Perform examinations following proper procedure protocol including correct positioning of patient and giving proper breathing instruction. Operate equipment in safe, prescribed manner ensuring quality and cost efficient sonograms. Responsible for monitoring patient condition at all times while in the department.
- Perform various clerical duties as needed, such as: answer and correctly route telephone calls, schedule procedures per physician orders, enter data on CRT terminal, make patient exam orders, enter patient exam charges, etc.
- Label images sequentially and appropriately with patient identification and body part. Review and evaluate completed images for quality and completeness according to cardiologist/radiologist guidelines. Assist in formulating and maintaining record keeping for the department in accordance with hospital and JCAHO standards. This includes all designated Echocardiogram/Ultrasound records and quality assurance documentation.
- Assist Cardiologists/Radiologists and Physicians in performing invasive/noninvasive procedures and adhere to prescribed aseptic techniques as necessary. Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing cardiology/radiology special procedure services for patient population served.
- Perform routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, clinical areas, restrooms and other assigned areas following established guidelines. Demonstrate the ability to utilize and maintain equipment in a safe and proper manner (including housekeeping cart). Utilize the appropriate cleaning agents and supplies according to established procedures.
- Transport trash, hazardous waste, soiled linen, and recyclable trash to appropriate disposal areas.
- Restock assigned areas and patient rooms with supplies, i.e. paper towels, toilet paper, soap, linen bags, gloves, sharp containers, and clean linen.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Registry signifies education requirements have been met. Registry eligible incumbent must show graduation from an accredited program (i.e., OU). Students in their senior year of an accredited program must prove upcoming graduation at the end of current year's summer semester as indicated by official documents which show final clinical practicum will be completed on schedule. Upon graduation, these students must present official documentation that degree has been conferred.
- Registered in Sonography or registry eligible. Registry eligible incumbent must obtain sonography registry within 12 months of employment or 24 months of graduation, whichever comes first.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs