Social Worker - Primary Care Job
Full Job Title: Social Worker - Primary Care Oregon/Dodgeville
Job Number: 17003847
Facility: SSM Health Dean Medical Group - Oregon
Location: Oregon, WI
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 8-5 Monday - Friday
- Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited school with Advanced Practice Certification.
- State Licensure as a Social Worker in the State of Wisconsin
- 2-3 years related experience in a health care setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated customer-focused service skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work within multidisciplinary teams and dynamic work environments.
- Demonstrates high level time management skills, organizational skills, and priority setting skills.
- Ability to assess health status, social needs, cultural beliefs, personal and environmental safety issues.
- Skilled in crisis, conflict, and stress management.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal community resources.
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment in decision making, utilizing all relevant information to target interventions.
- Intermediate knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to travel to various locations.
- Experience working with medically and socially complex patients.
- Previous experience in care management, disease management and/or case management
- Behavioral/mental health experience
- Experience in motivational interviewing
- Electronic Medical Record experience (Epic preferred)
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods and to move quickly between tasks.
- Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
- Ability to see fine print and to use the computer.
- Ability to perform fine motor tasks, such as when working with instruments, taking blood pressures and performing other patient care tasks, writing, computer or phone tasks.
- Ability to safely lift up to 20 pounds and to push/pull up to 100 pounds when working with equipment, pushing wheelchairs or assisting with patient handling tasks.
- Ability to bend/twist and crouch when performing various job tasks.
- Ability to work with and to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment when working with bloodborne pathogens or other chemicals.
- Ability to wear a respirator/mask.
- Conducts assessments to identify psychosocial, financial, or legal issues and concerns of patients and their families.
- Maintains and facilitates open communication with the patient, family, and the healthcare team.
- Is available to participate in clinic office visits with patients when needed.
- Coordinates family conferences in collaboration with physicians and other health care providers to enable patient and family/significant others to work on identified issues.
- Improves patient and/or family knowledge and understanding of their medical diagnoses to maximize benefits of the medical plan of care and enhance patient/family functioning.
- Coordinates information and referrals for financial and community resources and skillfully links patients and families/significant others to the appropriate resources.
- Maintains confidentiality and complies with professional ethics according to professional and corporate standards.
- Develops and updates plans of care that are patient-centric with goals that are clearly defined.
- Maintains a working knowledge of relevant medical/legal issues that impact patient care, e.g., advance directives, power of attorney, guardianships, and reporting of abuse.
- Assists patients and families/significant others with completing Advanced Directives, Healthcare Power of Attorney or Declaration of Physicians (Living Will).
- Assures strong collegial working relationships with internal and external healthcare organizations and community resources.
- Participates in the monitoring of quality and utilization metrics and participates in improvement efforts to refine the delivery of care to maximize clinical, quality, and fiscal outcomes.
- Adheres to department productivity standards.
- Records documentation for all social work activities in the electronic medical record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Performs other duties as required.
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs