Social Worker - Mental Health Job
Full Job Title: Mental Health Social Worker
Job Number: 17009062
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Location: Jefferson City, MO
Schedule: Occasional/Subs, Days, Weekends
Hours: 8:30 - 5 pm weekends/holidays
Primary responsibility is to apply clinical knowledge and experience to the identification of patients with psychosocial and / or discharge planning needs in order to ease the patient's transition into the next level of care or return to the home. Conducts a comprehensive psychosocial assessment to identify social and practical environmental problems which are interfering with the patient's health and well being. Provides social work intervention to assure that services and counseling are provided as indicated by the assessment. Insures that the after care needs of the patient are met.
- Demonstrates and maintains knowledge and skills necessary to care for the patient group of, Adults and Geriatric.
- Conducts and documents assessments, including High Risk Screens, of the patient within the guidelines and time frame indicated in departmental policy.
- Demonstrates knowledge and awareness of the psychosocial needs of patients and families such as adjustment to illness, disease impact, loss and bereavement, health care decision making, education, problem solving and planning.
- Develops a plan and utilizes appropriate interventions to assist the patient/family address the identified psychosocial needs. Continues ongoing assessment according to patient needs/status and per policy.
- Coordinates discharge planning and other services with the Case Manager and other members of the health care team to assure appropriate and continuous care is provided to the patient upon discharge from acute care.
- Based upon an assessment of the patient/family system, assures appropriate referrals and resources are obtained and coordinated to provide continuous care, maximize functional capacity and preserve the patient's independence.
- Verbalizes knowledge and demonstrates consistent use and compliance with written protocols.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of intensity of service and severity of illness, admission, discharge criteria. Identifies delays in service/processes that impact length of stay, avoidable days, and other level of service issues.
- Financial Assistance. Maintains knowledge base regarding available Financial Assistance Programs. Provides information and referral to patients and families to assist with making application to appropriate programs.
- Completes and follow up with applications for MC and Medicaid.
- Keep on call log of patients seen and time of each episode.
- Completion of Masters Degree in Social Work from an accredited university
- Licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the State of Missouri
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs