Social Worker - Home Health Job
Full Job Title: Social Worker - Home Health - Mt. Vernon, IL - Part Time
Job Number: 16015682
Facility: SSM Health at Home
Location: Mount Vernon, IL
Schedule: Part Time
Under general supervision, provides assistance to patients and their families in the form of counseling, resource referral and long term planning. Interviews patients and family members obtaining social history; evaluates insurance coverage; communicates with external payors; makes arrangements for alternative payment plans; counsels and educates patients and families; completes discharge arrangements; and obtains follow-up information. Responsible for the delivery of age appropriate care for assigned neonatal, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients with a wide variety of medical surgical conditions.
- Performs patient assessments including: biophysical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the patients, including the assessment for signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop, evaluate, and modify patient's plan of care.
- Interviews patients, appropriate family members and significant others to obtain bio psychosocial history. Provides options for alternative arrangements utilizing external sources or community resources, and may coordinate volunteer and bereavement counseling.
- Assists physicians and other members of the health care team to identify discharge needs.
- Provides counselling and education for emotional, social and financial problems of patients and families.
- Reviews and signs off on documentation of initial evaluation and discharge planning performed by the Social Work Assistant. Monitors daily work activities of social work students as required by C.S.W.E.
- Meets or exceeds established productivity standard while maintaining quality patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree
- Current Illinois MSW license
- Valid driver's license
- Must maintain and be able to produce proof of current auto insurance with at least state required minimum coverage
- Must have demonstrated ability to operate a vehicle in a safe and lawful manner
- 1 years of experience
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers
- Ability to assess patient/family needs
- Requires data gathering and completion of reports
- This position requires daily travel to patient homes and meeting locations
About SSM Health at Home:
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs