Social Worker-Case Manager Job
Full Job Title: Social Worker- Case Manager
Job Number: 17007509
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Part Time (Benefit Eligible), 12 Hour Day, Weekends
Under the general direction of the Director of Care Management,performs those accountabilities relevant to addressing psychosocial concerns ofpatients and families, discharge planning coordination and community agencyreferrals. Creates optimal outcomes for the patient and family by managingcomplex psychosocial and economic co-morbidities. Through advanced practice skillsmobilizes resources to reduce risk, and serves as ambassador between hospitaland community.
- MISSION AND VALUES: Be a visible model for the hospital's mission and values. Exhibit the values and philosophy of SSM Health Care and St. Marys Hospital Medical Center in daily activities and perform job functions in accordance with hospital policies. Respect the privacy and dignity of individuals, courteously provide them with services and information and recognize the patient care mission of the hospital, its spiritual heritage, and its overall philosophy.
- CliNICAL: ASSESSMENT: Complete initial and ongoing assessment specific to psychosocial and discharge planning needs of patient and family/significant others across the age continuum. Identify physical, social, psychological, cultural, and spiritual variables which affect the patient and family/significant others across the age continuum to promote effective discharge outcomes. Determine knowledge and skill levels of patients and families/significant others for all age groups and incorporate this information into the discharge plan.
- CUSTOMER RELATIONS: Consistent with the hospital vision to surpass the expectations of those who depend on us, demonstrates a customer focus while providing service (e.g., maintain confidentiality, is courteous to all customers-- patients, families and all other hospital staff-addresses and follow up on departmental customer concerns). Provide excellent customer services. Know and practice hospital identified customer service behaviors. Identify responsiveness to customer needs as a personal priority.
- QUAliTY: Support the importance of Continuous Quality Improvement. Participate in department quality improvement projects. Participate in hospital wide interdisciplinary quality improvement projects. Perform clinical data abstraction as needed. Make suggestions for continuous improvement in department procedures and processes.
- HUMAN: SELF DEVELOPMENT: Be a self learner and foster learning in others. Pursue continuing education in area of expertise/leadership. Achieve and maintain hospital wide and department identified competencies. Participate in educational offerings provided by the hospital. Attend all mandatory training programs. DEPARTMENT STAFF MEETINGS/SHARED GOVERNANCE COUNCILS: Actively participate in departmental staff meetings. Participate in shared governance and decision-making. POliCIES AND PROCEDURES: Comply with hospital and department policies and procedures. Comply with all quality and regulatory standards. RECOGNITION & SUPPORT: Recognize, value, and build on differences and commonalties in people. Recognize, acknowledge and support the contributions of all co-workers. OTHER: Participate in education and training of new department employees and students as needed. Provide on-call and scheduled coverage for weekends. Participate in hospital wide orientation process specific to departmental role. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly manner. Perform other duties as requested.
- TEAM WORK: Exhibit an approachable, interactive style in relationships. Recognize and value contributions of coworkers. Use team process and consensus building for decision-making. Act with integrity and honesty, being willing to trust others and able to engender trust.
- PLANNING: Projects, department activities and programs are based on the SSMHC/WI strategic plan. Participate in identifying new department opportunities that contribute to the strategic plan and departmental goals. Participate in the department process for accomplishing and measuring outcomes.
- FISCAL: Effectively manages work hours to stay within budgeted FTE hours.
- Other duties as required.
- Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited school.
- State of Wisconsin Social Work Advanced Practice Certification.
- Health care law and regulations related to acute care and the immediate post-acute continuum.
- Computer skills. Psychosocial assessment, risk factor analysis, and discharge planning. Group dynamics.
- Crisis, conflict and stress management.
- Growth and development of individuals and families.
- Problem-solving, root-cause analysis, and principles of clinical performance improvement.
- Must have knowledge and skill of social work theory and practice as it pertains to patients of all ages.
- Must be able to utilize social work practice skills.
- Must be skilled in establishing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships with patients of all ages.
- Must be skilled in linking patients and families to appropriate resources. Must be able to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Sufficient medical knowledge to effectively evaluate medical records.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with the medical staff and peers.
- Must be organized and able to work independently.
Preferred QualificationsPrevious medical socialwork in an acute care setting.
St. Mary's Hospital – Madison –
St. Mary's is a 440-bed tertiary referral hospital offeringinpatient and outpatient treatment and diagnostic services in primary care andnearly all specialties. Medical/surgical areas of special focus include theFamily Birth Center, pediatrics, Neuroscience Center, geriatrics, orthopedics,emergency services and more. St. Mary's is affiliated with the University ofWisconsin School of Medicine's three-year family practice residency program. Since1912, St. Mary's has provided service to much of south-central Wisconsinincluding Dane County and 17 other nearby counties. In the growing city of SunPrairie, northeast of Madison, St. Mary's Emergency Clinic provides services tomore than 30,000 residents.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs