Senior Physician and Provider Recruiter Job
Full Job Title: Senior Physician and Provider Recruiter
Job Number: 17009326
Facility: SSM Health Dean Medical Group Corporate Office
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Benefit Eligible, Full Time
Hours: 8am to 5pm
We have an outstanding opportunity for aSenior Physician and Provider Recruiter to join the Medical Staff Recruitment team of Dean Medical Group SSM Health.
TheSenior Physician and Provider Recruiter is responsible for the successful recruitment of physicians and providers to Dean Medical Group SSM Health.
Madison, the capital of Wisconsin, offers a quality of life second to none. As featured in Money magazine as the "Best Place to Live in America" out of the 300 largest U.S. cities, Madison offers a strong economy, outstanding health care and a range of cultural activities usually found only in cities far larger than this. Home to over 220,000, Madison is situated on an isthmus between the areas two largest lakes, a setting that offers impressive beauty, a compact and vital metropolitan area, and a wide variety of recreational activities. Madison's climate brings four distinct seasons with blue skies, golden leaves, clear water and sparkling snow. Just an hour away lie peaceful retreats among the woods, gently flowing streams, and lush valleys of southern Wisconsin.
Madisonian's enjoy nearby downhill ski hills, extensive cross-country ski trails, a nationally ranked trout stream, and more bicycle trails than any other state in the nation.
TheSenior Physician and Provider Recruiter is responsible for the successful recruitment of physicians, advanced practitioners and associate staff to Dean. This includes sourcing, screening, recruitment, coordinating of interviews and site visits, referencing, credentialing, negotiating employment offers, relocation, orientation and retention of medical staff. The Specialist will also serve as an employment and employee relations resource.
1. Responsible for physician, advanced practitioner and associate staff recruitment sourcing strategies, including researching and utilizing appropriate medical journals and web sites, cold calling, sending mass mailings, advertising and attending state and national conferences to identify candidates.
2. Interviews medical staff candidates. Reviews benefits, compensation to include guarantee and formula, signing bonuses and stipends, moving allowance, salary advances, employment letters and agreements.
3. Oversees arrangements for candidate site visit itineraries including hotel reservations, car rental, touring of clinics, hospital, community, lunch/dinner arrangements and appointments with physicians.
4. Initiates regular communication with the Director of Medical Staff Services, Division/Site Chief and Medical Director regarding recruitment and candidate compensation issues.
5. Negotiates employment offers with candidates including salary, signing bonus, salary advance and any other necessary terms.
6. Facilitates credentials for Dean's medical staff at local and regional medical facilitates for permanent and outreach privileges.
7. Responsible for obtaining medical staff credential information, hospital privileges, benefit forms, license and DEA certificate.
8. Assists with development of the recruitment budget for all advertising, promotion, and social activities related to medical staff recruitment.
9. Assists with development of recommendations for short and long term strategies to maximize Dean's effectiveness in recruiting and retaining excellence in physicians.
1. Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, or Human Resources with five years Recruitment or related work experience, Associate Degree in a related field with 10 years of recruitment or related experience OR a high school diploma with two years of additional schooling and 10 years of recruitment or related experience.
2. Sound knowledge of recruitment and retention procedures.
3. Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
4. The ability to work effectively with physicians and other medical staff and administrative members.
5. The ability to use computer and software programs.
6. Knowledgeable on state and federal employment laws including ERISA regulations.
7. Ability to travel to various Dean and related locations.
1. Fellow of Associate of Staff Physician Recruiters (FASPR) or equivalent.
2. 5 years of physician and/or advanced practitioner recruitment experience.
3. Health care experience.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to sit for extended periods.
2. Ability to see fine print and to use the computer for extended periods.
3. Ability to continuously perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, writing or phone tasks.
4. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
5. Ability to safely lift lightweight boxes or equipment weighing up to 10 pounds.
6. Ability to safely drive a personal vehicle on a weekly basis and comply with the Driver/Fleet Safety Program.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs