Senior Financial Analyst - Physician & Ambulatory Financial Operations Job
Full Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst, Physician & Ambulatory Services
Job Number: 17006616
Facility: SSM Health System Office
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 8am - 5pm
- Provides financial expertise to System and Regional finance staff and hospital management teams.
- Enhances assigned functions by identifying and implementing process improvements to generate efficiencies and improve quality.
- Contributes to the overall employee satisfaction of the department by actively participating in team meetings and offering assistance to others when needed.
- Creates a positive and efficient environment for co-workers by serving as a department resource and problem solver.
- The Senior Financial Analyst, Physician and Ambulatory Services ensures best practice by assisting in the development, implementation and completion of financial operations policies and procedures, including:
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of the annual strategic and operational budgets, including providing support to leadership in developing their budgets
- Responsible for the detailed completion of month end reporting and analysis ensuring accurate and timely reporting of volumes/statistics and by review of monthly financial reports and accompanying schedules
- Provides analysis of financial data, trend analysis, forecasts and the monitoring of key financial metrics
- Participates in the Monthly Operational reviews (MOR's) as needed
- Responsible for standardized statistical usage and reporting
- Provides financial support to the Physician and Ambulatory Services operations, including monthly productivity reporting, benchmark analysis and requested proformas
- Mentors and provides expertise to the Financial Analyst, Physician and Ambulatory Services and serves as a resource and entity lead
- Provides training and support to end-users on financial systems and processes utilized by the Physician and Ambulatory Services Finance department
- Provides excellent customer service and support to System team members and Physician and Ambulatory Services leadership, by following standard policies and procedures
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, analyzes information skillfully
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Serves as the primary liaison to the Finance Manager, Physician and Ambulatory
- Services regarding financial issues related to Physician and Ambulatory Services financial operations.
- Participates in the activities of the Physician and Ambulatory Services Finance team to provide consistent and accurate financial reporting and information across all regions.
- Participates in the implementation and maintenance of system-wide workflows and reporting to provide value added financial services related to Physician and Ambulatory Services financial operations.
- Participates in the activities of the Physician and Ambulatory Services Finance team so that key functions of the department are performed thoroughly and timely, with the appropriate level of review and analysis
- Minimum of 3-5 years of increasingly responsible experience in Financial Operations and Analysis, principally in health care and preferably in a provider or medical group environment requirement
- Experience in non-provider health care setting (insurance, consulting) can be considered in lieu of medical group experience.
- Bachelor's Degree with concentration in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- CPA is preferred
SSM Health - System Office –
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs