Respiratory Therapist Job
Full Job Title: Respiratory Therapist - RRT- $7,500 sign on bonus
Job Number: 17003001
Facility: SSM Health St. Francis Hospital - Maryville
Location: Maryville, MO
Schedule: Benefit Eligible, Full Time, 12 Hour Day, 8 Hour Day, Days, Evenings, Varied, Rotating Weekends
Hours: 6:45 am-7:15 pm
- Provides all respiratory treatments to include (but not limited to): oxygen therapy, nebulizer treatments, and ventilator management for all patients in all departments of the hospital. Respiratory Care staff conduct cardio/pulmonary testing to include (but not limited to): Pulmonary Function Testing, Holter Monitoring, Event Monitoring, Cardiac Stress Tests, the cardiac stress portion of Cardiolites, Adenoscans, and Dobutamine studies.
- Performs all duties according to entity and department policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates clinical skills, thoroughness, accuracy and timeliness in performance of initial patient assessments and reassessments to include age specific considerations.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to manage emergency respiratory situations and assist with emergency procedures.
- Interacts professionally with patients, other customers, physicians and co-workers.
- Provides a safe environment specific to the age, development, and condition of the patient.
- Demonstrates understanding of respiratory medications/oxygen and their correct administration based on the age and clinical condition of the patient.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact appropriately with patient's family members and visitors.
- Performs all respiratory medication/oxygen administration functions timely and accurately.
- Ensures that documentation is legible, accurate, and pertinent and indicates outcome of treatments given.
- Utilizes universal precautions routinely, and observes Blood and Body Fluid Precautions including the use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Responds to all Code Blues, Code Yellows, and Code Pinks to assist as directed.
- Associate's degree or Diploma School Program approved by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Current and valid Missouri Licensure as a Respiratory Care Practioner.
- RRT by the NBRC
- 1-3 years experience
- Health Care Provider CPR
- ACLS, NRP
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs