Respiratory Care Practitioner Job
Full Job Title: Respiratory Care Practitioner- Varied PRN
Job Number: 17010577
Facility: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Baraboo
Location: Baraboo, WI
Schedule: Per Diem
Under the direction of Medical Director, and Supervisor of Respiratory Care, the Practitioner performs specific duties in caring for patients of all age groups. The Practitioner must be proficient in providing respiratory therapy, and diagnostic cardiac testing. The Practitioner must be knowledgeable in the monitoring of patients with cardiac and respiratory diseases. Is responsible for the care and maintenance of equipment used in respiratory therapy, and units used with cardiac diagnostic testing. Must know the expected response of a Respiratory Care Practitioner to all of the codes that exist at St. Clare Hospital and Health Services. Remains proficient in Arterial Blood Gas punctures, after demonstrating competence in the area.
- Demonstrates a respect for the patient's needs to: A. Confidentiality; B. Privacy; C. Security
- Demonstrates appropriate written skills.
- Demonstrates skills in assessment of patients when service is initiated: Hyperinflation, Bronchodilator therapy, Secretion mobilization, oxygen therapy and humidification therapy.
- Demonstrates assessment skills in age specific groups of patients.
- Completes appropriate level assessment on initial patient visit.
- Demonstrates proper assessment skills to allow for selection of the proper protocol to be initiated.
- Technician understands the Policies & Procedures for testing they complete: A. Arterial Blood Gases; B. Pulmonary Function
- Graduated from an accredited Respiratory Care program.
- NBRC recognized Registered Respiratory Therapist, or Certified Respiratory Technician. Current Respiratory Care Practitioner licensure in the State of Wisconsin.
- Current AHA BLS required. ACLS, NRP, and PALS Certifications encouraged.
- Can perform all forms of billing, and record keeping procedures. Must be able to assist other members of the Health Care Team in caring for each patient.
About SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Baraboo:
Our 100-bed St. Clare Hospital is a nationally recognized leader in rural health care in south-central Wisconsin. St. Clare offers acute care, as well as a wide range of other services including chemical dependency treatment, hemodialysis, radiation oncology and a free- standing hospice facility. Additional urgent care services are available at campus locations in the surrounding communities of Wisconsin Dells and Lake Delton.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs