Regional VP - Operations Job
Full Job Title: Regional VP Operations
Job Number: 17009414
Facility: SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
Location: Mount Vernon, IL
Schedule: Full Time, Days
Hours: 8am - 5pm
- Demonstrates and imparts the mission, philosophy, values and vision of SSM Health in daily activities and into operational functions, processes and environment. Works effectively as a team member in a dynamic executive environment where collegiality, subsidiary and sharing responsibility is required and highly valued within a matrix organization. Promotes teamwork within and across the region by maintaining positive and productive intraentity and intradepartmental relationships and utilizing effective problem solving skills. Adheres to the SSM Health Standards of Ethical Conduct, displaying, as applicable, ethical behavior in the areas of business ethics, legal compliance, confidentiality, conflicts of interest, vendor relationships and the reporting of questionable activities.
- Develops and implements strategic business plans within department to achieve regional outcomes. Participates in the development and implementation of the Strategic, Financial and Human Resource Planning process for the region. Assumes fiscal responsibility through budgetary planning and implementation for assigned area/s.
- Incorporates CQI principles into daily activities focusing on process improvements, patient safety and premier patient satisfaction. Partner with executives to identify common opportunities for improvement across the region. Establishes processes to assure safe and quality patient care is provided on a daily basis. Supports Infection Prevention strategies to achieve organizational goals. Establishes and implements key quality metrics as a means to evaluate the quality of services. Participates in ongoing continuous quality improvement education and training.
- Develops, implements and evaluates policies, procedures, processes and standards of practice to assure the provision of safe and quality patient care. Maintains knowledge and achieves compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements, licensure, accreditation requirements, record procedures and internal controls.
- Creates a culture of employee engagement through commitment and accountability as a means to continuously improve patient safety and a performance oriented culture. Ensures human resource policies are enforced and administered consistently without favoritism or discriminatory influence. Utilizes timely and effective means of informing and updating staff on organizational, system-wide and industry issues. Encourages and provides opportunity for staff input and feedback regarding improvement opportunities. Facilitates an environment that promotes team building and collaboration. Motivates, encourages and empowers staff to achieve personal, team and organizational goals. Recognizes individual and team accomplishment. Organizes nursing through appropriate structure and delegation of functions. Mentors management in career growth and actively cooperates in succession planning. Creates an environment that supports shared decision making by team members.
- Master's degree in healthcare or related field
- At least 5 years experience as an accomplished healthcare leader
About SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital–Mt. Vernon, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 134-bed hospital with the only open heart surgery program in the region. In 2015, the hospital launched a new pediatric emergency and NICU telemedicine program in conjunction with the physicians at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. For three consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Patient Safety Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Citation of Merit Award for Outstanding Patient Care.
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Centralia
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 113-bed hospital specializing in cancer care. For six consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia with the Outstanding Patient Experience Award and with the Critical Care Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia with the Citation of Merit Award for High-Value Healthcare.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs