Regional Director - Behavioral Health Job
Full Job Title: Regional Director, Behavioral Health
Job Number: 17002267
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Location: Jefferson City, MO
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day
Hours: M-F, days
The Regional Director, Behavioral Health will provide management of unit including functions of planning, organizing, staffing, budgeting, and directing assigned unit(s) in order to ensure that quality patient care is provided.
- Demonstrates the philosophy of the sponsoring religious congregations, through the SSM Health Care System values, and tenets of integrated health care while providing leadership and demonstrating innovation within the health care ministry.
- Performs all duties according to entity policies and procedures. Supports SSM Health Care diversity initiatives and goals.
- In conjunction with the Care Team Coordinators and the Clinical Educator, coordinates patient assessments and care including: biophysical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the patient.
- Identifies and provides competent staff to meet the needs of the customers served. Hires, coaches, counsels, terminates, and evaluates staff. Schedules staff based on patient needs. Makes authoritative recommendations on the discipline and/or discharge of personnel within assigned unit(s). Effectively manages conflict that may arise among staff.
- Develops, administers, and monitors salary and equipment budget. Ensures compliance with approved budget. Performs monthly budget analysis and resolves budget discrepancies.
- Ensures that effective communication and education are provided to physicians, patients, families and interdepartmentally. Conducts department meetings. Represents unit(s) on various committees. Monitors the development and effectiveness of patient education programs in collaboration with the Clinical Educator.
- Supervises and evaluates delivery of nursing care given by team members based on patient needs and professional judgments. Ensures that policies, procedures and standards are followed.
- Ensures staff compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements. Assists with activities to meet JCAHO standards and uphold plan of care. Assists with development and maintenance of CQI activities.
- Assumes responsibility for nursing administrative call and maintains 24 hour accountability. Demonstrates competence in delegation, problem solving, conflict resolution and team building. Develops and maintains productive working relationships with physicians and other team members.
- Demonstrates ability to perform emergency procedures including CPR, Heimlich maneuver, and set up emergency equipment. Demonstrates clinical skills, performance of procedures, treatments, and patient care.
- Evaluates specific performance indicators for quality and customer satisfaction. Implements strategies to ensure that these goals are met.
- BSN or Masters Degree in appropriate field
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs