Radiation Therapist Job
Full Job Title: Radiation Therapist
Job Number: 17005501
Facility: St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Full Time
Under supervision, operate various ionizingradiation-producing equipment in the administration of treatments and promotean atmosphere conducive to maximum physical comfort and psychological supportfor patients undergoing radiation therapy.
- In collaboration with the Radiation Oncologist, visit patient undergoing Radiation Therapy to plan the treatment process. Interpret and plan treatment with or without the aid of computer to obtain required results, simulate line of treatment, and seek the Radiation Oncologist acceptance of the treatment field and dose rate.
- Operate the various types of equipment used in Radiation Therapy treatments in a safe, prescribed manner. Assure that the field, size, distance, blockage, dosage, time, filtration, and positioning are precise and that unaffected areas are protected. Manufacture field shading blocks as required. Maintain inventory of all required supplies and reorder supplies as necessary.
- Initiate and maintain Radiation Therapy treatment charts and document treatments, dosage, and any reactions the patient may have. File and maintain treatment films and records to be used as reference for future Radiation Therapy treatments. Maintain daily and monthly logs and file with the Medical Records and Radiation Therapy Departments.
- Arrange for adequate room for radioactive materials used for implants and assist with radioactive implants performed in the department. Ensure safe storage of radioactive sources in room.
- Make films for calculations and assist in getting the patient into the treatment zone without disturbing the instruments. Assist in removing radioactive sources and survey patient before he/she leaves.
- Perform clerical duties and assist Director as requested.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Registry (ARRT) signifies education requirementshave been met. Registry eligible incumbent must show verification of graduationfrom an accredited program (i.e., OU).
- Registration by the American Registry ofRadiologic Technologists (ARRT) as a Therapist (T) or registry eligible.Registry eligible incumbent must obtain registry within 12 months of graduation.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- Cyberknife and TrueBeam experience preferred.
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facilityspecializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. Thehospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and servesthe needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma,through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. AnthonyHealthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service accessto the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgentcare services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has receivednumerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, CertifiedHealthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation ofMerit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels forquality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and manynational health care organizations.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs