Radiation Therapist Job
Full Job Title: Radiation Therapist
Job Number: 17014591
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day
- The Radiation Therapist must be able to produce accurate and timely setups thru interpretive use of both kV and Cone Beam imaging. The Therapist's in-depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology is vital to providing a safe treatment delivery in coordination with a strong Physics background to verify the appropriate functions of the Linear Accelerator during therapy.
- Ability to assess and interpret data about the patient's status and ability to identify age-specific needs, providing the appropriate care based upon the age related factors. Ability to offer exceptional patient care at all times.
- Excellent communication skills to promote inter-departmental coordination, especially with Medical Oncology to ensure an efficient schedule is maintained for patients undergoing multidisciplinary courses of treatment.
- Competent in consultative interactions for both the Radiation Oncologist as well as Medical Physics, providing essential clinical information for accurate assessments throughout a patient's course of treatment.
- Compliance in following all departmental and hospital policies and capable of offering input on any updated methodology to improve upon the efficiency and/or appropriateness of the policy. Compliance in all associated documentation of patient's treatment to aid in the ongoing assessment of care. Meet or exceed all patient safety goals.
- Active participation in the Continuous Quality Improvement and Quality Assurance process to aid in meeting or exceeding the department's exceptional care criteria. Functions as an integral member of the Oncology Team in establishing excellent Customer Satisfaction and aiding in overall productivity.
- Responsible for maintaining professional certification by meeting all requirements including continuing education with the goal of relaying any additional skills or knowledge to the betterment of the Team. The Therapist will also complete all educational requirements established for all SSM employees via the Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Successful completion of a Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) accredited Radiation Therapy program
- Certified by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Radiation Therapy (T).
- At least one year of experience is preferred but not required.
- Hold a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- The candidate will ideally be familiar with the operation of a Varian iX Linear Accelerator with On Board Imaging (OBI) and Cone Beam. The candidate would also ideally be familiar with IMPAC's MOSAIQ Record and Verify system.
The 525-bed SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the Saint Louis University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis offers a wide variety of outpatient services, including cardiovascular and open-heart surgery, high-risk obstetrics and comprehensive women's breast health services. The hospital was recognized with the 2008 and 2010 Premier Award for Quality.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs