Radiation Therapist Job
Full Job Title: Radiation Therapist
Job Number: 17004892
Facility: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Baraboo
Location: Baraboo, WI
Schedule: Per Diem
Radiation therapy is the art and science of treatment delivery to individuals to restore, improve and enhance performance, diminish or eradicate pathology, facilitate adaptation to the diagnosis of malignant disease and to promote and maintain health. Radiation therapy technology is the delivery of prescribed doses of radiation to individuals from external beam and/or brachytherapy sources. The Radiation Therapists concern is with those factor which influence radiation dose delivery, individual well-being and responsiveness to treatment as well as those factors which serve as barriers or impediments to treatment delivery. Radiation therapy is performed by competent radiation therapists who deliver care to the patient in a therapeutic setting and are responsible for treatment planning and administration of a prescribed course of radiation therapy under the direct supervision of the Radiation Oncologist.
- Demonstrates Professional Responsibility in the Radiation Therapist Role - A. Maintains continuing education B. Demonstrates ability to perform BLS C. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility D. Participates in setting departmental goals and outcome measures E. Maintain values congruent with the profession's code of ethics and scope of practice
- Demonstrates computer skills
- Demonstrates communication skills with Radiation Oncology Team, patients, family, and caregivers.
- Evaluate and assess daily the physiologic and psychologic responses of each patient to treatment.
- Administers radiation treatment.
- Planned course of treatment is implemented and delivered.
- Provides radiation safety
- Detects equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate action.
- Applies principles of radiation protection at all times.
- Performs daily and periodic quality assurance checks and related tasks as appropriate.
- Delivers daily radiation treatment to patients in a safe and efficient manner.
- Graduate of an accredited school for Radiation Therapy
- Must be registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, and registration must be current. Current AHA BLS certification
Previous experience preferred
St. Clare Hospital – Baraboo –
Our 100-bed St. Clare Hospital is a nationally recognized leader in rural health care in south-central Wisconsin. St. Clare offers acute care, as well as a wide range of other services including chemical dependency treatment, hemodialysis, radiation oncology and a free-standing hospice facility. Additional urgent care services are available at campus locations in the surrounding communities of Wisconsin Dells and Lake Delton.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs