RN - Scrub Circulator Job
Full Job Title: RN Scrub/Circulator - Surgery
Job Number: 17008322
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia
Location: Centralia, IL
Schedule: Full Time, Days
Hours: 6:40am-3:10pm (flexible)
The RN Scrub Circulator assesses, plans, evaluates, and coordinates nursing care for surgical patients.
- Verifies patient identity in accordance with hospital policy using patient's name and date of birth. Checks chart to assure all required documentation is present/correct, including H&P, update, consents, and pertinent testing. Participates in complete and accurate "time-outs" prior to induction, incision, and entrance of any additional surgeons 100% of the time.
- Assesses patient's knowledge of procedure and expectations, addresses any questions or concerns voiced by patient or family members prior to transfer to OR.
- Plans for patient care and intervenes by demonstrating basic nursing skills by safely positioning and prepping patients following AORN guidelines, accurately observing and recording instrument, needle, and sponge counts, and properly identifying, labeling, and administering medication per hospital policy.
- Adheres to all Universal Protocol policies required by Joint Commission, including complete Time Outs, identifying patient, site, procedure, allergies, and antibiotics administered. This also includes enforcing site marking prior to entrance to the OR and all other patient safety standards.
- Assists anesthesia provider during induction and is readily available throughout the procedure. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control and sterile technique.
- Displays problem solving skills and uses critical thinking when making decisions regarding patient care and notifies surgeons of changes to patients condition or any other pertinent information.
- Exhibits excellent verbal communication skills and is committed to patient satisfaction 100% of the time and will utilize service recovery skills.
- Gathers supplies and appropriate equipment specific to surgical procedures, operates equipment in a safe manner and reports malfunctions to the proper resource personnel.
- Properly enters all information into the electronic intra-operative record regarding the procedure, personnel, specimens, implants, materials, and interventions performed.
- Accurately performs scrub duties according to specialty procedures and physician preference while utilizing sterile techniques and universal precautions.
- RN Associate's Degree or RN Diploma
- Current Illinois RN License
- 1-3 experience in technical field
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 113-bed hospital specializing in cancer care. For six consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia with the Outstanding Patient Experience Award and with the Critical Care Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia with the Citation of Merit Award for High-Value Healthcare.
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend. Click here to register today!
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs