RN - Patient Rooming Job
Full Job Title: RN - Patient Rooming
Job Number: 17008974
Facility: SSM Health Dean Medical Group Fish Hatchery
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Full Time
- Manages patient flow and performs patient rooming standards.
- Will receive orientation and staff various departments and clinic locations to ensure proper coverage.
- Utilizes the nursing process: assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation in all patient encounters.
- Performs nursing procedures.
- Assists medical provider with processing of diagnostic results bringing significant values to the provider's attention. Have knowledge of tests and procedures and their significance as related to patient care.
- Administers medication by all routes. Demonstrates and understands administration techniques. Recognizes the implementation of dosages, interactions, side effects, adverse effects, routes of administration of drugs as they apply to individual patients. Uses knowledge of medications in instructing patients about medication therapy.
- May triage/screen telephone calls related to patient care.
- Obtains appropriate information with attention to detail and accuracy (i.e. using direct symptom related questions – keeping patient focused.)
- Makes nursing assessment utilizing, theory and judgment, and patient information.
- Implements appropriate care using nursing assessment, protocols, and standing orders.
- Performs delegated medical acts and provides supervision as needed in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act to the LPNs and unlicensed personnel.
- Assesses patient status to determine need for treatment or intervention in life threatening situations. Participates using emergency standing orders if needed, or under the direct supervision of a medical provider.
- Establishes and reinforces teaching protocols for patient education, family counseling and general public information.
- State Licensure or eligible for State Licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Must complete and pass the Proficiency Assessment delivered at the conclusion of the onboarding program.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of situations and specialties.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel to other locations.
- Experience in a healthcare setting.
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend.Click hereto register today!
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs