RN - Palliative Care-Home Health Job
Full Job Title: RN - Palliative Care - Home Health
Job Number: 17008031
Facility: SSM Health at Home
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
- Performs patient assessments including: biophysical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the patients, including the assessment of nutrition, pain management, and signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop, evaluate and modify terminally ill patient's plan of care.
- In conjunction with other disciplines, develops a realistic, comprehensive patient family educational plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and provides patient/family teaching to maximize comfort and symptom control..
- In coordination with Clinical Supervisor, assures policies, practices and procedures are followed.
- Performs documentation, including the processing of physician orders, in accordance with Home Care policies and procedures. Monitors and evaluates delivery of nursing care given by team members based on patient needs and professional judgment.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals regarding patient care. Identifies need to change plan(s) of care and facilitates the process using Care Pathways, when appropriate.
- Obtains authorizations for visits as appropriate, ensures every visit is reimbursed. Contacts payor case managers as appropriate to discuss plan of care and facilitate authorization for plan of care. Performs ongoing chart review on case load with attention to: a) Accurateness of 485, recertifications, verbal orders for changes in Plan of Care. b) Assuring every visit performed is within assigned frequency. c) Assurings that overall documentation supports coverage of service as defined by regulation or payor. Reports to supervisor when needed.
- Completes OASIS documentation timely and accurately with prompt response to supervisors request for corrections.
- Demonstrates skill and accuracy with use of Pathways system.
- Completes annual competency requirements satisfactorily.
- Performs case management & collaborates with other health care providers to deliver maximum symptom control and quality of life near the end of life.
- Educates healthcare providers and patient/family regarding choices in palliative care and hospice services to include transitions into hospice.
- RN Associate's Degree required
- Current Missouri RN license required
- Valid driver's license required
- 2 years of experience in Hospice nursing OR experience with case management/ advance care planning
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and a driver's record deemed acceptable by SSM.
- Must maintain and be able to produce proof of current auto insurance with at least state required minimum coverage.
- Must have demonstrated ability to operate a vehicle in a safe and lawful manner.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers.
- Requires good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Requires knowledge of home health regulations as well as symptom control, pain management and end of life care.
- This position requires daily travel to patient homes and meeting locations, the ability to operate a vehicle in a safe and lawful manner is an essential function of the job.
- RN BSN preferred
- Oasis and Home Care experience a major plus
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs