RN - PACU Job
Full Job Title: RN - PACU/Same-Day Care/Endo
Job Number: 16017793
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia
Location: Centralia, IL
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 8am-430pm (flexible)
- Conducts physical, cultural, spiritual, and psycho-social assessments using subjective and objective data, and ALDRETTI assessment criteria.
- Assesses and implements pain management protocols. Provides ongoing evaluations of nursing interventions performed and accurately documents their effectiveness.
- Plans for patient care and intervenes by demonstrating basic nursing skills, maintaining clinical skills for peripheral IV insertion and sterile technique when placing all venous access devices, and properly identifies, labels, and administers medications per hospital policy.
- Appropriately communicates handoff of patient status via nurse to nurse report sheet prior to transfer of patient to any other department.
- Displays problem solving skills and uses critical thinking when making decisions regarding patient care and notifies surgeons of changes to patient's condition or any other pertinent information.
- Plans for the day by obtaining a surgery schedule and gathering anticipated equipment and/or supplies. Is competent and proficient in the use of PCA pumps and various monitoring devices.
- Exhibits excellent verbal communication skills and is committed to patient satisfaction 100% of the time and will utilize service recovery skills.
- Provides information to patients and families related to the care provides, and notifies management of any issues or concerns voiced.
- Obtains a brief report from anesthesia provider while using the anesthesia PACU handoff report in collaboration with the Registered Nurse OR Circulator in accepting the patient care upon arrival of the patient to PACU.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current Illinois RN License
- ACLS and PALS certified or will obtain within 1 year after hiring
- 1-3 years in technical field
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs