RN - Oncology Job
Full Job Title: RN - Oncology
Job Number: 17009253
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
Location: Mexico, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days
The Oncology Nurse is responsible for managing patient care in the outpatient setting. The Oncology Nurse is responsible as an active member of the Comprehensive Cancer Center team to ensure the daily operations of clinic services. Responsibilities include assisting providers in the clinic location through physical assessment, plan of care implementation, and evaluation of patient needs. The Oncology Nurse provides nursing care not only through the clinic but through infusion therapy services including administration of oncology and hematology related treatments. Provides and coordinates total nursing care for patients, including patient and family teaching. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary, nursing, and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. Assists in duties as requested by the clinic Manager, Director, or Vice President. The RN must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. Demonstrates skills for frequent patients and family interaction
- Performs patient assessments including: biophysical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the patient. Completes body system assessment on assigned patients. Reassessments are completed as new information is acquired, as needs change, and as progress toward goal is made. Recognizes signs / symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop, evaluate, and modify patient's plan of care.
- In conjunction with other disciplines, develops a realistic, comprehensive patient family educational plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and provides patient / family health teaching. Collaborates with physicians and health team members. Documents patient understands of disease process and identifies needs with patient / family.
- Processes physician's orders, administers medications, performs IV therapy interventions, and documents information in medical record. Administers medications accurately and documents route and time. Accurately documents interventions and outcomes in nursing narratives notes. Assesses if complex care needs of patients are being met.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals regarding patient care. Identifies need for change in plan(s) of care and facilities when appropriate. Participates in homecare planning process.
- Demonstrates clinical skills, performance of procedures, treatments, and patient care.
- Demonstrates competence in delegation, problem solving, conflict resolution, and team building.
- Demonstrates ability to perform emergency procedures including CPR and Heimlich maneuver.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school.
- Current Missouri license as a Registered Nurse.
- Chemotherapy certified or willing to obtain within one year.
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider certification/card or must obtain within 3 months of hire.
- 2 years experience as a staff nurse
- Oncology and chemotherapy experience
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain opened in 1918 as Audrain Medical Center. Today, the 89-bed community hospital offers a range of services including emergency care, cardiology services, medical imaging, men's health services, women and child services, and diabetes education. The hospital features the J.B. & Greta B. Arthur Cancer Center, the Jordan-Waters Heart Center and Healthworks Rehabilitation services.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs