RN - OR Job
Full Job Title: ASC RN - Operating Room
Job Number: 16017591
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison - Surgery and Care Center
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Benefit Eligible, Full Time, 8 Hour Day
Hours: Monday - Friday Days, No Holidays, Nights, Call, or Weekends
The ASC Registered Nurse provides highly skilled nursing care in various stages of the patients' surgical/procedural experience through continual assessment, planning and evaluation of changing patient care needs. The operating RN performs direct and individualized care to patients having surgical procedures.
This is a day surgery position - no nights, weekends, or holidays.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current state license in the state of WI.
- CPR certified or obtained as soon as possible following employment.
- Ability to identify, analyze and implement problem solving techniques;
- Show initiative for self-development and continual education;
- Accept and give direction to and from a number of other health care workers and display initiative, flexibility and adaptability.
- 1-2 years of experience in an Operating Room nursing role.
- Previous work experience in an ambulatory surgery center.
- PALS certification or obtained within 6 months following employment.
- ACLS certification or obtain certification within 6 months following employment.
- Planning, organizing documenting and evaluating nursing care at various stages of the surgical/endoscopic patient's experience in the electronic medical record.
- Coordinates changing nursing care needs with other team members.
- Utilizes all opportunities for continual patient assessment and patient teaching.
- Participates in the development of and attends in-service and continuing education programs to maintain current skill level.
- Assists in the organization and development of policies and procedures.
- Remains current on all policies and procedures that reflect the philosophies and objectives of the Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
- Must be able to maintain professional manner in a varying and quickly changing work environment.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient
- Responsible for maintaining clean, safe environment with properly functioning equipment
- Records all nursing care clearly and concisely in the medical record
- Attends and participates in staff meetings for problem solving and departmental goal setting
- Functions in all areas of Ambulatory Surgery Center, following proper orientation (OR area specialized training)
- Maintains universal precautions in daily activities
- Follows Universal Protocol for correct side/site, procedure, and patient.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately, completely, and in a timely manner in the appropriate format.
- Prepares the operating room for the procedure following infection prevention standards.
- Monitors patient well-being throughout the procedure.
- Positions patient in collaboration with anesthesia provider.
- Provides concise and accurate care of specimens.
- Observes and practice strict standards of asepsis.
- Maintains a constant observation and monitoring of all equipment used in the surgery.
- Sets up operating room with all essential instruments and supplies necessary for the procedure scheduled.
- Follows all evidence based standards for safety in the operating room.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs