RN - OB Job
Full Job Title: Registered Nurse (OB) - NOC PRN
Job Number: 16017697
Facility: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Baraboo
Location: Baraboo, WI
Schedule: Per Diem, Nights
Hours: 11p-7a, 7p-7a primarily, with occasional varied day and PM hours
The Registered nurse (RN) is a professional who provides leadership and direction to the patient care team. The RN performs patient age-specific physical, psychological, and social assessments, formulates a nursing diagnosis, and then develops a plan of care, which includes individualized treatment strategies. The RN manages, organizes, and provides direct patient care, incorporating clinical decision-making and prioritization of activities. Education of patient's family and other health care team members is provided by the RN, incorporating health maintenance, disease process, and discharge planning. The RN is responsible for supervision of other staff, such as nursing assistants and licensed practical nurses. Functioning in a timely manner, the RN serves as the Principal or Associate Nurse and establishes a therapeutic relationship taking responsibility for the continuum of care related to admission, discharge and follow up phone call as appropriate. Provides proper communication to the patient of what a patient can expect from admission to discharge, as well as obtaining information related to what is the number one concern of the patient related to the services provided. The nurse supports the therapeutic relationship with self, peers, physicians and patients following the Relationship Based Care model of care.
- Cares for patient requiring external version or participates in training at CBC Competency Day
- Cares for patient requiring Magnesium Sulfate infusion or participates in training at CBC Competency Day
- Demonstrates use of the NeoPuff device
- Demonstrates use of the Massimo pulse oximeters
- Completes Foley Balloon Dilator training
- Verbalizes competence in Amnioinfusion following training
- Completes online breastfeeding education
- Performs bedside hand-off at change of shift
- Completes daily tasks: glucometer QC testing, crash cart checks, temperature checks
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin and current AHA BLS certification.
- Use of nursing equipment such as infusion pumps, suction machines, oxygen delivery systems, lifts and other transfer devices. ECG machines, cardiac defibrillators, telemetry monitoring systems and fetal monitors; use of office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax, paging system, computer and printer.
Previous experience in childbirth preferred.
Our 100-bed St. Clare Hospital is a nationally recognized leader in rural health care in south-central Wisconsin. St. Clare offers acute care, as well as a wide range of other services including chemical dependency treatment, hemodialysis, radiation oncology and a free-standing hospice facility. Additional urgent care services are available at campus locations in the surrounding communities of Wisconsin Dells and Lake Delton.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs