RN - Mental Health Services Job
Full Job Title: RN - Mental Health Services
Job Number: 17014725
Facility: SSM Health St. Francis Hospital - Maryville
Location: Maryville, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Nights
Hours: 6:45pm - 7:15am
The Mental Health Registered Nurse performs comprehensive nursing care activities and provides nursing staff leadership. He/She triages unit activities, assesses patient needs, plans and implements patient care activities and evaluates the patient's response to treatment. He/She manages activities within the therapeutic milieu and directs the delivery of nursing care by other members of the patient care team, as well as providing nursing education groups for the patients. He/She is a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team and provides services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the patient. He/She will work closely with the psychiatrist in doing patient evaluations for admission.
- Treats information regarding patients, employees, and authorized entity information as confidential.
- Demonstrates the clinical skills to perform complete head to toe assessment on all adult & geriatric patients at admission time and reassessments a minimum of every 8 hours. Able to assess for signs and symptoms of abuse/neglect and is knowledgeable of resources available to assist patient when need is identified. Provides safe environment specific to the age and development of the patient.
- Works with social services to identify and address psychosocial needs, in-hospital and discharge needs of the patient and family. Interacts with appropriate ancillary departments to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Updates the patient's plan of care as indicated by the patient's response to treatment according to age and evaluates the overall nursing plan of care for effectiveness. Formulates a teaching plan based upon learning needs identified and evaluates the learning process.
- Is knowledgeable of medications and their correct administration based on the age of the patient and their clinical condition. Performs medication administration functions timely and accurately.
- Ensures nursing documentation is legible, accurate, pertinent, and indicates progress towards identified goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized, and to function effectively under stressful situations. Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by verbal or written instructions.
- Willingly supports and actively participates in department activities such as: department meetings, open record chart audits (as applicable,) department communication, and adjusting schedule and hours. Accepts and acts on constructive criticism.
- Exhibits willingness to master new skills and serve as a resource to others. Willingly participates in orientation of new staff members and promotes a positive learning experience for students.
- Uses department exceptional conversations when interacting with patients and families (GREAT acronym.) Is supportive of Achieving Exceptional Patient Care system, hospital, and department initiatives.
- Maintains appropriate boundaries and avoids using self-disclosure as primary therapeutic intervention. Is able to enforce unit rules while still providing compassionate care to the patients.
- Associate Degree or Diploma School Program
- RN License to practice in the state of Missouri
- BLS. CPI within 3 months of hire and maintain current certification thereafter
- Competency training completed within 3 months of hire and annually thereafter
- Must make application for registration in the Family Care Safety Registry prior to beginning of employment
- 1 year mental health experience
About SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville
SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville is an 81-bed full-service, fully-accredited healthcare organization providing medical care to the residents of Northwest Missouri. As a rural hospital, St. Francis offers emergency, maternity, behavioral health, inpatient, and outpatient services to meet the needs of our community.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs