RN - Mental Health Services Job
Full Job Title: RN - Mental Health Services
Job Number: 17005861
Facility: SSM Health St. Francis Hospital - Maryville
Location: Maryville, MO
Schedule: PRN, Varied
- Treats information regarding patients, employees, and authorized entity information as confidential.
- Demonstrates the clinical skills to perform complete head to toe assessment on all adult & geriatric patients at admission time and reassessments a minimum of every 8 hours. Able to assess for signs and symptoms of abuse/neglect and is knowledgeable of resources available to assist patient when need is identified. Provides safe environment specific to the age and development of the patient.
- Works with social services to identify and address psychosocial needs, in-hospital and discharge needs of the patient and family. Interacts with appropriate ancillary departments to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Updates the patient's plan of care as indicated by the patient's response to treatment according to age and evaluates the overall nursing plan of care for effectiveness. Formulates a teaching plan based upon learning needs identified and evaluates the learning process.
- Is knowledgeable of medications and their correct administration based on the age of the patient and their clinical condition. Performs medication administration functions timely and accurately.
- Ensures nursing documentation is legible, accurate, pertinent, and indicates progress towards identified goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized, and to function effectively under stressful situations. Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by verbal or written instructions.
- Willingly supports and actively participates in department activities such as: department meetings, open record chart audits (as applicable,) department communication, and adjusting schedule and hours. Accepts and acts on constructive criticism.
- Exhibits willingness to master new skills and serve as a resource to others. Willingly participates in orientation of new staff members and promotes a positive learning experience for students.
- Uses department exceptional conversations when interacting with patients and families (GREAT acronym.) Is supportive of Achieving Exceptional Patient Care system, hospital, and department initiatives.
- Maintains appropriate boundaries and avoids using self-disclosure as primary therapeutic intervention. Is able to enforce unit rules while still providing compassionate care to the patients.
- Associate Degree or Diploma School Program
- RN License to practice in the state of Missouri
- BLS. CPI within 3 months of hire and maintain current certification thereafter
- Competency training completed within 3 months of hire and annually thereafter
- Must make application for registration in the Family Care Safety Registry prior to beginning of employment
- 1 year mental health experience
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs