RN - Medical Surgical-Pediatrics Job
Full Job Title: RN - Medical/Surgical/Peds Unit
Job Number: 17005914
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia
Location: Centralia, IL
Schedule: Full Time, Nights
A Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating nursing care for patients.
- Completes admitting and shift assessments on assigned patients; accurately and within time-frame set in policy and procedures.
- Utilizes critical judgment to analyze patient assessment data, completes a care pathway for each assigned patient and delegates patient care appropriately.
- Implements individualized nursing interventions for each patient assigned.
- Evaluates nursing care and modifies interventions based on the patient's response.
- Documents all nursing care provided and adheres to nursing standards
- Constantly maintains a safe work environment by: adhering to the policies and procedures of the department and organization; complies with all regulatory requirements, appropriately operating equipment; following established infection control guidelines and reporting safety hazards.
- Routinely educates patients and families based on assessed needs, documents education provided, and keeps them informed of tests and treatments.
- Regularly rounds on all assigned patients according to protocol.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current Illinois RN License
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital–Mt. Vernon, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 134-bed hospital with the only open heart surgery program in the region. In 2015, the hospital launched a new pediatric emergency and NICU telemedicine program in conjunction with the physicians at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. For three consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Patient Safety Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Citation of Merit Award for Outstanding Patient Care.
Join our recruiters for an online chat any Monday or Wednesday from 11am to 1pm. There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend. Click here to register today!
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs