RN - Medical Surgical Job
Full Job Title: RN - Medical Surgical
Job Number: 17009736
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville
Location: Janesville, WI
Schedule: Full Time, Nights
Under the direction of the Director - Medical, Surgical and ICU, utilizes the nursing process to identify patient needs then systematically plans and implements a plan of care with continual evaluation.
- Fosters, participates and is knowledgeable in Shared Governance as defined at St. Mary's Hospital using the conceptual framework for nursing practice as a guide. Assumes responsibility and accountability for own professional practice, continuing education and competency (i.e., mandatory in-service, staff meetings). Seeks learning opportunities.
- Shares expertise and knowledge with coworkers and peers. Assists in orientation of new nursing personnel and/or performs preceptor role. Supports the activities, decisions and initiative of colleagues.
- Utilizes the nursing process to develop a care plan and deliver patient care. Advocates for patient/family throughout the nursing process. Acts as a clinical resource to and supervises care delivered by LPN and NA. Delegates work appropriately.
- Follows hospital/unit directives; e.g. standards, policies, procedures, protocols. Assumes responsibility for equipment operation and maintenance.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize personal values and beliefs and recognize own beliefs and values as separate from the patient situation.
- Supports activities of colleagues. Participates in unit and/or house-wide quality improvement measures. Contributes as an effective team member. Participates in productive/problem solving dialogue (i.e., offers and/or seeks solutions to issues). Recognizes and supports change.
- Uses best practice based on literature outcomes, integrates into care provisions and decision making. Completes documentation according to unit/hospital standards.
- Respects the confidentiality and dignity of patients. Communicates effectively with customers.
- Performs charge nurse role. Communicates with Nursing Supervisor at charge nurse meeting each shift and as unit needs dictate. Assigns and reassigns personnel according to dynamics of unit to maintain a balanced workload for current shifts. In collaboration with the Nursing Supervisor, assesses status of unit, making sure current and following shifts are adequately covered.
- Punctual for reports/breaks. Uses supplies effectively. Completes work within required shift, i.e., end of shift; OT minimal or nonexistent.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license granted by the State of Wisconsin.
- Previous critical care nursing experience.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification within 4 months of date of hire.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
St. Mary's Janesville Hospital –
Our $150 million community medical campus opened in 2012 to provide a full range of health services for Janesville and the surrounding communities in Rock County. The campus includes a 50-bed hospital — St. Mary's Janesville Hospital — and our adjacent Dean Clinic — Janesville East location, which offers exceptional primary and specialty care on one central complex. Our 165,000-square-foot hospital has all private rooms, a healing garden and award-winning emergency and obstetrics departments.
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend. Click here to register today!
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs