RN - Medical Surgical Job
Full Job Title: RN - Medical Surgical
Job Number: 17007337
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville
Location: Janesville, WI
Schedule: Full Time
Under the direction of the Director - Medical, Surgical and ICU, utilizes the nursing process to identify patient needs then systematically plans and implements a plan of care with continual evaluation.
- Fosters, participates and is knowledgeable in Shared Governance as defined at St. Mary's Hospital using the conceptual framework for nursing practice as a guide. Assumes responsibility and accountability for own professional practice, continuing education and competency (i.e., mandatory in-service, staff meetings). Seeks learning opportunities.
- Shares expertise and knowledge with coworkers and peers. Assists in orientation of new nursing personnel and/or performs preceptor role. Supports the activities, decisions and initiative of colleagues.
- Utilizes the nursing process to develop a care plan and deliver patient care. Advocates for patient/family throughout the nursing process. Acts as a clinical resource to and supervises care delivered by LPN and NA. Delegates work appropriately.
- Follows hospital/unit directives; e.g. standards, policies, procedures, protocols. Assumes responsibility for equipment operation and maintenance.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize personal values and beliefs and recognize own beliefs and values as separate from the patient situation.
- Supports activities of colleagues. Participates in unit and/or house-wide quality improvement measures. Contributes as an effective team member. Participates in productive/problem solving dialogue (i.e., offers and/or seeks solutions to issues). Recognizes and supports change.
- Uses best practice based on literature outcomes, integrates into care provisions and decision making. Completes documentation according to unit/hospital standards.
- Respects the confidentiality and dignity of patients. Communicates effectively with customers.
- Performs charge nurse role. Communicates with Nursing Supervisor at charge nurse meeting each shift and as unit needs dictate. Assigns and reassigns personnel according to dynamics of unit to maintain a balanced workload for current shifts. In collaboration with the Nursing Supervisor, assesses status of unit, making sure current and following shifts are adequately covered.
- Punctual for reports/breaks. Uses supplies effectively. Completes work within required shift, i.e., end of shift; OT minimal or nonexistent.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license granted by the State of Wisconsin.
- Associate of Sincine in Nursing (ASN) Required.
- Previous critical care nursing experience.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification. National Institute of Health Stroke Scalle (NIHSS) Certification within 6 months of date of hire.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
St. Mary's Janesville Hospital –
Our $150 million community medical campus opened in 2012 to provide a full range of health services for Janesville and the surrounding communities in Rock County. The campus includes a 50-bed hospital — St. Mary's Janesville Hospital — and our adjacent Dean Clinic — Janesville East location, which offers exceptional primary and specialty care on one central complex. Our 165,000-square-foot hospital has all private rooms, a healing garden and award-winning emergency and obstetrics departments.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs