RN - Medical Surgical Job
Full Job Title: RN - Med/Surg
Job Number: 17001098
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
Location: Mexico, MO
Schedule: Benefit Eligible, Full Time, 12 Hour Day, Rotating Weekends
The Registered Nurse is responsible for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care and is accountable for the outcome of such care. Directs/oversees other licensed and unlicensed staff in the provision of patient care.
- A thorough and accurate assessment is completed and documented within two hours of admission and reassessments are preformed per unit standards and patient status.
- Patient learning barriers and needs are assessed and incorporated into the plan of care developed for each patient including participating in multidisciplinary discharge planning.
- Demonstrates consistent use and compliance of written protocols and procedures to include medication administration, documentation, pain, restraint, etc. Demonstrates sound judgment in situations and effectively communicates with physicians and other disciplines.
- Meets discharge and ongoing patient educational needs related to treatment, procedures, disease process and medication follow up.
- Evaluates and documents patients' progress for achievement of outcomes and effectively communicates this progress to appropriate caregivers.
- Delegates appropriately and directs activities of other team members and evaluates delegated tasks.
- Actively involved in solving problems on the unit.
- Facilitates admissions, discharge and transfer of patients in a timely manner.
- Acts as a clinical resource to other staff and fosters success of new staff.
- Effectively supervises team members and maintains accountability for standards of care.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current Missouri license as a Registered Nurse or Graduate Nurse eligible to take State Board exam for first time.
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider certification/card or must obtain within 3 months of hire. ACLS required within 1 year of hire
- Knowledge and skills to provide patient care appropriate to the specific department.
- Ability to function effectively in stressful situations.
- Awareness of changing trends in nursing practice and ability to adapt, including knowledge of Missouri Nurse Practice Act.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability and willingness to rotate shifts and adjust to necessary schedule changes.
- Ability to work under supervision as well as ability to oversee others.
- Basic Computer Skills.
Join our recruiters for an online chat any Monday or Wednesday from 11am to 1pm. There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend. Click here to register today!
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs