RN - Internal Medicine Job
Full Job Title: Fill In RN- Internal Medicine - Baraboo
Job Number: 17001803
Facility: SSM Health Dean Medical Group - Baraboo
Location: Baraboo, WI
- Identifies self as a Registered Nurse in all professional encounters. Models a high quality of professional nursing at all times.
- Utilizes the nursing process: assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation in all patient encounters.
- Demonstrates and understands sterile and aseptic techniques. Uses appropriate techniques in setting up and assisting with procedures.
- Completes laboratory and medical imaging requisitions, assists in the scheduling of procedures.
- Assists medical provider with processing of diagnostic results bringing significant values to the providers attention. Has knowledge of tests and procedures and their significance as related to patient care.
- Administers medication by all routes. Demonstrates and understands administration techniques. Recognizes the implementation of dosages, interactions, side effects, adverse effects, routes of administration of drugs as they apply to individual patients. Uses knowledge of medications in instructing patients about medication therapy.
- Triages/screens telephone call related to patient care.
- Obtains appropriate information with attention to detail and accuracy (i.e. using direct symptom related questions – keeping patient focused.)
- Makes nursing assessment utilizing, theory and judgment, and patient information.
- Implements appropriate care using nursing assessment, protocols, and standing orders.
- Respects and maintains confidentiality of all patient information.
- Cleans, prepares, and autoclaves equipment and instruments in preparation for sterilization per infection control policies and procedures.
- Performs delegated medical acts and provides supervision as needed in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act to the LPNs and unlicensed personnel.
- Attends in-services and continuing education programs. Attends and participates in departmental staff meetings.
- Assesses patient status to determine need for treatment or intervention in life threatening situations. Participates using emergency standing orders if needed, or under the direct supervision of a medical provider.
- State Licensure or eligible for State Licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Must complete and pass the Proficiency Assessment delivered at the conclusion of the onboarding program.
- Demonstrates flexibility to meet department needs on short notice.
- Adapts easily to the workflow of the different departments
- Available to work a flexible schedule on short notice.
- Ability to work at least one shift in a 90 day period or as designated per department
- Ability to travel to other sites as needed.
- Relevant clinical experience.
About SSM Health Dean Medical Group–
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs