RN - Infusion - Home Health Job
Full Job Title: RN - Infusion - Home Health
Job Number: 17008025
Facility: SSM Health at Home
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
- Provides the majority, if not all of the direct care for a specific caseload of patients, to include initiation and maintenance of all communications with appropriate care team members, to include pharmacists, physicians, dietitians, home patient representatives and any appropriate community resource staff members.
- Utilizes the Drug Deliver Decision algorithm and communicates with the patient/care partner, pharmacist and physician to choose the best method of therapy administration.
- Evaluates and educations patient/care partner to safely administer the home infusion therapy and provides additional instruction as indicated.
- Applies appropriate ethical, legal, confidentiality and advocacy principles to the planning and deliver of patient care.
- Evaluates the home environment where the care is to be provided and identifies interventions that my by required to render the home environment safe and appropriate for the prescribed care. These interventions are communicated directly to the appropriate team member.
- Completes all documentation, including Initial Patient Assessment (IPA), Plans of Treatment (POT), teaching checklists, Clinical Monitoring Reports (CMR), Discharge Summaries and Telephone Communication Reports (TC) during each visit.
- Utilizes the appropriate document retrieval system on a daily basis as a mechanism to paperwork to the branch in a timely fashion.
- Develops, in conjunction with other clinical team members, each patient's Care Map and evaluates patient's response to therapy during each home visit or encounter.
- Appropriately discharges primary patients and completes discharge summary within seven days of discharge.
- Maintains home chart to include the referral form, the IPA, the most recent POT, any orders after the recent POT and the last five CMR's.
- Develops and maintains caseload scheduling and communications on a weekly and monthly basis and updates schedule with changes.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required
- Current Missouri RN license
- Valid driver's license required
- CPR certification required
- 1 years of experience in an IV environment
- 1 years of experience required as an RN
- RN Bachelor's Degree
- Acute care experience
- 1 years of Home Health or Hospice RN experience
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs