RN - Hospice Job
Full Job Title: RN - Hospice
Job Number: 17010472
Facility: SSM Health at Home - St. Louis North, MO
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days, Rotating Weekends
- Performs patient assessments including: biophysical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the patients, including the assessment of nutrition, pain management, and signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop, evaluate and modify patient's plan of care.
- In conjunction with other disciplines, develops a realistic, comprehensive patient family educational plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and provides patient/family health teaching.
- In coordination with Clinical Supervisor, assures policies, practices and procedures are followed. Meets or exceeds established productivity standard while maintaining quality patient care.
- Performs documentation, including the processing of physician orders, in accordance with Home Care policies and procedures. Monitors and evaluates delivery of nursing care given by team members based on patient needs and professional judgment.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals regarding patient care. Identifies need to change plan(s) of care and facilitates the process using electronic health record as appropriate.
- Obtains authorizations for visits as appropriate, ensures every visit is reimbursed. Contacts payor case managers as appropriate to discuss plan of care and facilitate authorization for plan of care. Performs ongoing chart review on case load with attention to: a) Accurateness of 485, recertifications, verbal orders for changes in Plan of Care. b) Assuring every visit performed is within assigned frequency. c) Assurings that overall documentation supports coverage of service as defined by regulation or payor. Reports to supervisor when needed.
- Completes OASIS documentation timely and accurately with prompt response to supervisors request for corrections.
- Demonstrates skill and accuracy with use of electronic health record system.
- Completes annual competency requirements satisfactorily.
- Performs case management & collaborates with other health care providers & delivers results for positive clinical & financial outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- RN Associate's degree required
- Current Missouri RN license required
- CPR certification required.
- Valid driver's license required
- Driver's record deemed acceptable by SSM
- Must maintain and be able to produce proof of current auto insurance with at least state required minimum coverage
- Must have demonstrated ability to operate a vehicle in a safe and lawful manner
- This position requires daily travel to patients' homes and meeting locations
- 1 years of experience required as an RN
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers.
- Requires good decision making and problem solving skill
- BSN preferred
- 1 years of experience as an RN in an acute care setting strongly preferred, but not required
- 1 years of home Health or Hospice RN experience strongly preferred
SSM Health at Home –
SSM Health at Home offers highly skilled and experienced caregivers to help patients through difficult times. Services include extended at-home care, help managing pain or special support during terminal illnesses. SSM Health at Home is located in Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs