RN - Hospice Job
Full Job Title: RN - Hospice
Job Number: 17009202
Facility: SSM Health at Home - Jefferson City
Location: Jefferson City, MO
- Performs patient assessments including: biophysical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the patients, including the assessment of nutrition, pain management, and signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop, evaluate and modify patient's plan of care.
- In conjunction with other disciplines, develops a realistic, comprehensive patient family educational plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and provides patient/family health teaching.
- In coordination with Clinical Supervisor, assures policies, practices and procedures are followed. Meets or exceeds established productivity standard while maintaining quality patient care.
- Performs documentation, including the processing of physician orders, in accordance with Home Care policies and procedures. Monitors and evaluates delivery of nursing care given by team members based on patient needs and professional judgment.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals regarding patient care. Identifies need to change plan(s) of care and facilitates the process using electronic health record as appropriate.
- Obtains authorizations for visits as appropriate, ensures every visit is reimbursed. Contacts payor case managers as appropriate to discuss plan of care and facilitate authorization for plan of care. Performs ongoing chart review on case load with attention to: a) Accurateness of 485, re-certifications, verbal orders for changes in Plan of Care. b) Assuring every visit performed is within assigned frequency. c) Assures that overall documentation supports coverage of service as defined by regulation or payor. Reports to supervisor when needed.
- Completes OASIS documentation timely and accurately with prompt response to supervisors request for corrections.
- Demonstrates skill and accuracy with use of electronic health record system.
- Completes annual competency requirements satisfactorily.
- Performs case management & collaborates with other health care providers & delivers results for positive clinical & financial outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- RN Associate's Degree required
- Current MO RN license
- Valid Driver's license
- 1 years of experience required as an RN
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
- Current MO RN license
- Acute care experience strongly preferred
- 1 years of Home Health or Hospice experience strongly preferred
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend.Click here to register today!
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs